Remote Start Clicks but Doesn't Turn Over!?

DJDroc22

Hey everyone so im just about finished installing a Crimestopper SP402 1 way Alarm/keyless entry/remote start in my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport. I have everything installed and working cept the door sensors which shouldnt matter anyway.(last thing to do) bUT my problem is for my remote start i got a bypass module and hooked it up by the book with my spare transponder key. I push to remote start and it clicks once, all my electronics come on like normal but it doesnt crank at all.

NOTE: The car starts fine with my key in manually.

It will keep restarting the start sequence until i deactivate it, and then my LED light flases 5 times which the Install Book says 5 flashes = Ignition is ON when remote start.

But my ignition is off? Like im outside with the doors closed and no key in the ignition. So that doesnt make sense.. im running out of reasons why this isnt working so i turn to you! Ask away!

Not the most experienced with remote start but from my understanding of starters, if your interior stuff is coming on and acting as if the key is in the on position but it's not starting it is because the signal for some reason is not getting to the starter. Make sure you have that wired up correctly. Another thing that may cause problems... remote starts have a fail safe to stop it from starting if it is in gear. So the alarm will often tap into a nuetral sensor or parking brake light or sensor. If that isn't wired right, or the sensor is faulty it would also stop the remote start from working.

I don't want to thread jack, but did you get this figured out? I ask because I'm having the same problem with my system, albeit a different one. I didn't install my system. It came equipped in a used car. I bought a remote suggested to me by a shop, and everything else seems to work fine. Door lock/unlock, arm/unarm and trunk release. Even the valet running mode (might be wrong term) works; meaning if I start the car with my key & then hit the remote start button & take the key out, it'll stay running. Why then would the remote start not work on its own & do just as the OP's does?

My remote start needed to do a "learning" mode before it would actually start. You get into the "menu" of the remote start and then actually start the car with the key. I'd read the manual of your starter cover to cover.

I dont have it figured out yet but mine will do the same thing and stay on after i press the remote start and take out the key. But do you have a bypass module hooked up? One way i figured out to check if its your actual alarm or the bypass. Disconnect the power to the by pass. Now place your key in the ignition but dont turn it. Now try to start it with your remote start. If it starts then theres something wrong with your bypass module. If it still doesnt start then your alarm wiring is wrong or the alarm is defective. Most cases its wrong wiring. In MY case my car fires up and off with the key just placed in the ignition. So i have a bad bypass but i havent got the replacement yet to make sure.

I'll try to look at this tomorrow. Everything was installed on a used car I got, but I did take a quick look under the dash before. I saw some modules & looked them up, and on is the 556L Bypass Module. I'll see if this is what's messed up. Thanks.

Tried both things, no go. I'm pretty sure there's a wiring issue. Whoever put it in for the last owner didn't do too good of a job just from the little I can see. Poorly connected wires in a a couple of spots/messily spliced in for others. I'm going to see if a shop can get it going. There's a shop that has $75 bucks of mine for a replacement remote, but it's been two weeks & I went & got one on my own. They didn't have me sign (or mention) the no refund on deposits agreement, so I'll see if I can just put that towards cleaning it up & a few more bucks if need be for the trouble shooting.

Hey everyone so im just about finished installing a Crimestopper SP402 1 way Alarm/keyless entry/remote start in my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport. I have everything installed and working cept the door sensors which shouldnt matter anyway.(last thing to do) bUT my problem is for my remote start i got a bypass module and hooked it up by the book with my spare transponder key. I push to remote start and it clicks once, all my electronics come on like normal but it doesnt crank at all.NOTE: The car starts fine with my key in manually.

It will keep restarting the start sequence until i deactivate it, and then my LED light flases 5 times which the Install Book says 5 flashes = Ignition is ON when remote start.

But my ignition is off? Like im outside with the doors closed and no key in the ignition. So that doesnt make sense.. im running out of reasons why this isnt working so i turn to you! Ask away!
Is the security light blinking when the ignitions are powering up?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.