Remember these?

hhow are the 10w6s im trying to find a decent 10
Well if you can get past my bias, I absolutely love them. I've had a lot of them.

They don't like SPL. If you put them in a big sealed box, or a high tuned ported, They fail easily due to the weak foam surrounds, But the motors won't burn for anything.

FANTASTIC sq subs though. they sound like sex. And take abuse relatively well provided you have them in a good enclosure.

I've had one see a good 800 watts

W6 are a great sub i cant ever say enough good about them

if you really want a 75.4 mkII i would consider 250 for mine it isnt quite big enough for what i need anymore anyways.........

I think current technologies have made leaps and bounds over old amps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Subjective

* Man, what a pissing match that turned out at the end to be civil

I have a point I would like to bring to the attention of Cody (cotjones).. I am curious why you didn't respond to Mike (cleansoundz) as he seemed to be trying to give you some break (and the only one) from all the negative feedback at the beginning.. IMO, if I were you in the situation you were in, I would have quoted his post & responded in some gratitude

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6872299#post6872299

(not so much the first 2 sentence's though)

Well, if the 700x follows suit with my 300x it may not be that bad of an amplifier. I just measured mine with FOUR 4 ohm dummy loads (one per channel) to produce 52.2 watts RMS when it begins to clip. Not impressive by any means, but above the 37.5 it was rated to produce. Regardless, I am pleased for an essentially "free" amp.

The test was performed using an Iota DLS 55 amp power supply, a Velleman HPS 40 handheld oscilloscope, and an Alpine cda-9885 as loaded with a CD of test tones. I measured power using a 68 Hz test tone with the Velleman's RMS function.

Subjective

I have a point I would like to bring to the attention of Cody (cotjones).. I am curious why you didn't respond to Mike (cleansoundz) as he seemed to be trying to give you some break (and the only one) from all the negative feedback at the beginning.. IMO, if I were you in the situation you were in, I would have quoted his post & responded in some gratitude

Thanks for the acknowledgement.

what i miss??

fail-owned-audi-chess-fail.jpg

Subjective

Thanks for the acknowledgement.
Sorry, thought you were just making a statement. You have to understande that if i'd acknowledged the response to most of the members of this forum they'd have most likely taken offence. Because you were the one person with a reasonable attitude toward the mainstream brand I didn't want to say anything to get you to change your stance just to spite me, as would be typical of this forum. That said, I agree with ya!

Well, if the 700x follows suit with my 300x it may not be that bad of an amplifier. I just measured mine with FOUR 4 ohm dummy loads (one per channel) to produce 52.2 watts RMS when it begins to clip. Not impressive by any means, but above the 37.5 it was rated to produce. Regardless, I am pleased for an essentially "free" amp.
The test was performed using an Iota DLS 55 amp power supply, a Velleman HPS 40 handheld oscilloscope, and an Alpine cda-9885 as loaded with a CD of test tones. I measured power using a 68 Hz test tone with the Velleman's RMS function.
See, I don't see an amp that produces 139.2% of rated power without clipping as shitty. The amount of them that fail due to overheating is subjective, even experience as a dealer doesn't prove that.

Because, as you mainstream nay-sayers said, mainstream brands are marketed to the unknowledgeable, common man. I know first hand that the Rockfords that don't have hi-level inputs will burn up with an input over 6 volts. (there is no protection circuitry to avoid this on most models.) This alone could be a big cause of amp overheating and failure.

the only reason they do over rated tho is because they under rate them lol but you have a good point as well. but you still wont ever see me recommend that line from rf ever
Well, that, I can accept. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I'd like to bench this one though. Maybe I will at work after I get caught up after this break. the 218 per channel is just what's on the birth sheet. It's supposed to be 175x4.

I just won a GTO14001 on Egay for 225.

But the thing is, I sent the payment, and the guy sent me a message and was like, "There is a small problem, There was an error in my account and my E-mail is different, Please cancel the payment and send it to the right account."

Well the E-mail addresses do only differ in 1 character. its an (8) instead of an (*). He sent me a bill through paypal but apparently I can't pay through the original item description page because it's linked to the wrong E-mail account.

He's got 100% out of 70 feedback, I wonder if this is legit?

dont do it its an old scam !!!!!if it isnt paid direct thru ebay u r fvcked dude i swear do not do not do not do it
Yeah thats what i was thinking, thanks for the heads up. I do wonder how he has perfect feedback though, I guess if he resends the invoice through ebay i'll pay, worst case I'll get my money back eventually.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.