Remember PAP?

We still have a Canadian distributor. We ship items weekly up there via the distributor and he usually offers specials when we do. So you are correct, I will not ship items directly to Canada to allow customers to circumvent our distributor -- nor will I ship new items directly to any country where we have a distributor.
Seductive Sounds - Car Audio Installations and Sales
pwned

I'm gonna stop by & purchase a b-stock SA8 v2 this morning. I like my coffee black with a side english muffin. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

To date my old wmd2 12" is the best sub I have played with. Old aq2200d@.5ohm could not even get her to sweat.

053111102116.jpg

DSCN0580.jpg

DSCN0582.jpg

Canada *****.
fvck canada that's why
We still have a Canadian distributor. We ship items weekly up there via the distributor and he usually offers specials when we do. So you are correct, I will not ship items directly to Canada to allow customers to circumvent our distributor -- nor will I ship new items directly to any country where we have a distributor.
Seductive Sounds - Car Audio Installations and Sales
That's a great place...I can go to their web page and find out absolutely **** about your product. No lineup, no prices, nothing. Never even heard of them. You have a shop (that doesn't advertise to the Canadian market)...not even a distributor selling to an entire country that has a land mass bigger than the US?

If there is no info posted on their site about your product or specials, how is anyone supposed to know when there is a special?

That's a great place...I can go to their web page and find out absolutely **** about your product. No lineup, no prices, nothing. Never even heard of them. You have a shop (that doesn't advertise to the Canadian market)...not even a distributor selling to an entire country that has a land mass bigger than the US?
If there is no info posted on their site about your product or specials, how is anyone supposed to know when there is a special?
sd.png

really dude?

Yeah dude....now tell me what you can see about the product or pricing. I am not going to call long distance (cost me money), just to get a price or information. Or I guess I could leave a comment.....and hopefully they get back to me. That, and I guess I should check back to an unknown website daily to check if they have something in the "specials" box? No one even knew about them until Jacob posted the link.

It is a shop. Not a distributor. There is a big difference. A distributor sends items to shops.

decent motors, and junk soft parts is what I've always heard

I've ordered from them and use their softparts before. I though they were a little expensive, but definitely not junk. Really I was very happy with the cones/spiders/coils from them that I used. They use some decent motors as well.

They have always been fast to reply to me and easy to work with.

Yeah dude....now tell me what you can see about the product or pricing. I am not going to call long distance (cost me money), just to get a price or information. Or I guess I could leave a comment.....and hopefully they get back to me. That, and I guess I should check back to an unknown website daily to check if they have something in the "specials" box? No one even knew about them until Jacob posted the link.
It is a shop. Not a distributor. There is a big difference. A distributor sends items to shops.
It would appear they act as both, which is not common outside the US. Most distributors do not advertise anything, you must call/email them to get info. If you are a dealer you are told about them when you contact sundown directly. If you are an end user then you can call them up to get product or find out if there is a dealer in your area.

I've ordered from them and use their softparts before. I though they were a little expensive, but definitely not junk. Really I was very happy with the cones/spiders/coils from them that I used. They use some decent motors as well.
They have always been fast to reply to me and easy to work with.

maybe it was another company I'm thinking about...

It would appear they act as both, which is not common outside the US. Most distributors do not advertise anything, you must call/email them to get info. If you are a dealer you are told about them when you contact sundown directly. If you are an end user then you can call them up to get product or find out if there is a dealer in your area.
Indeed. They are a dealer and a distributor for us -- as a distributor they also handle Canadian warranty locally for items sold through them and their dealers so that cross border shipping x 2 is not necessary should a customer need service.

I understand that some Canadian customers get upset about it -- but that is how it is... the same customers would probably be even MORE upset if they owed shipping two ways for any possible warranty problems (we have been there / done that -- which is why we prefer to use distributors to enter other countries).

Some customers in Canada do end up ordering from our USA online dealer network anyway, though... but they do run the risk of expensive warranty service if needed.

i miss cascade //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif you weren't doing it right with your omega unless you blew a dust cap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Indeed. They are a dealer and a distributor for us -- as a distributor they also handle Canadian warranty locally for items sold through them and their dealers so that cross border shipping x 2 is not necessary should a customer need service.
I understand that some Canadian customers get upset about it -- but that is how it is... the same customers would probably be even MORE upset if they owed shipping two ways for any possible warranty problems (we have been there / done that -- which is why we prefer to use distributors to enter other countries).

Some customers in Canada do end up ordering from our USA online dealer network anyway, though... but they do run the risk of expensive warranty service if needed.
Reading through your post and quote of mine, i realized I made a grammatical error. I meant to say that using such a company is common outside of the US.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.