Regular car battery as an extra battery in the trunk for my amp?

A kinetik is meant for trunk, so how is lower powered battery going to be better? That is like saying 75 ft swimming pool is better than a 100 ft pool. I don't see that logic being correct at all. Just cause saving around $50 to $100 does not mean it could or would be better. You get what you pay for. I have tried cheap ways to get around things, and I will tell you honestly it is a waste of cheap money and time.

seyfpu.jpg

there would be a safety concern. make sure you adequately secure a battery meant for under the hood. i would personally never do a battery that could spill in the cabin when tipped over.

Hey. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
2dv0484.jpg

If it's a regular car battery made for under the hood I wouldn't do it. There is going to be a ton of fumes from it.
2dv0484.jpg

Can't win them all brah.
2dv0484.jpg

it has to be a dry cell. unless you have a death wish then go for it =)
2dv0484.jpg

**** will spill yo! acid burns
2dv0484.jpg

standard batteries give off a toxic gas not meant for in cabin use that's why no one does it.
2dv0484.jpg

o and

2dv0484.jpg

YEa I ran a acid under hood style batt for a week or so. I was always worried lol. Just gret a deep cycle youl have better performance and they are designed to react properly with current drains of a system. You can always get a walmart deep cycle marine or tractor deep cycle. They can be had for the cheap. I have heard of some ppl going that route.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.