Recommended Amps?

Participant count
  • Participant list

baseballfan1066

So I bought my truck off a guy who already had a system set up in it, however not much later I blew the amp, now granted it was 7 years old and I was looking to upgrade soon anyways. Now the real question, what do I need? I didn't ask the guy much about the system but I've done some research and found that it's two 15 inch Memphis Power Reference subs and the old amp was a Memphis M Class (I'll make another post here when I look at the actual model number). From what I've seen the subs have a 250 RMS and 500 Peak. I'm pretty new to systems so I'm still learning the whole bridging thing and other ways to set up systems cuz from what I've seen the old amp was only 500 watts so I believe he had them bridged? Anyways any suggestions on some decent amps that will be able to power these subs, I'm not trying to blow my wallet, but at the same time I don't want something cheap that I'll end up having to replace in a year or two so I don't mind spending some extra cash so long the amp's nice enough for it. Thanks in advance for any help!

how much power would I get from running them parallel?
375 watts ea sub, plenty of headroom and the MB Quart Discus is a bulletproof 1 ohm stable amp. If down the road, you replace the subs, you can buy D4 coils with better power handling and wire the amp to one ohm for 1500 watts rms. I ran 2 of the Memphis PR12 S4's on 450w ea with no problems, and loved the sound..good subs. The key is just like any other amp, set the gain right and keep the signal clean. You can put those subs on a 200w amp and fry the coils in short order, if you feed them a clipped signal all the time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.