Best recommended three way 6"x9" speaker..

1 cool 41

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all, first timer here. I am about to install two pairs of Hertz CS 690 in boxes behind the seat of my 1941 Ford restomod pickup. They are coming off of a Alpine head unit hooked to a Rockford Fosgate four channel 75 watt RMS amp. They will be in wedge style boxes so that they can barely fit behind the seat facing upward, there is less than a one inch gap between the back of the seat and the rear cab wall.
I am willing to try other speakers in the future, is there anything under $600 out there that will significantly out preform the four Hertz CS 690 speakers that I am putting back there.
There are already Focal K2 power series in the door and JL c3 series 5"x7" coaxials under the front of the seat facing forward. They will be in wedge style boxes as well.
Thanks in advance.
Charlie from Georgia

You won't find much love for coax speakers here. I recommend any major brand you find at a good price.

Tell me more about your pickup! Did you throw the body on a newer frame or swap drivetrain? Which engine? Repainted or patina? Pictures?

Just tossing in bunches of speakers everywhere doesn't fix anything or even sound good

I'd recommend you find a shop for a quality install recommendation and go from there.

Custom made box for small subs behind the seat... you already have K2 in the doors.... no need for forward 5x7's

Post some pictures

Yea, that is too many speakers of different kinds aiming different directions. It will never sound good. You'll never get to hear the rear 6x9 if the seat is blocking them, so your best bet is a pair of shallow 8" or 10" to get you the punch you're looking for out of the 6x9.

Stick to powering the K2 in the doors properly. What about the K2 are you unhappy about?

It is a completley new truck except for what is painted red. It has a TCI custom chassis, four wheel disc, four corner adjustable coil overs , four link rear and powered indepedent front. It has a freshly built 347 stroker with a Tremec TKX five speed high torque long ratio five speed manual. Power windows, custom interior and on and on and on. I will try to post some pics.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...