Recommended amp for two 150 watt rms subwoofers?

gtx 500 here's bigblanks amp dyno did 860rms
Dang that looks good and I good price I'll have to look into it. Right now I think I need better subs because I was tuning my subs earlier and I believe they began to distort at about 2/3 gain and I know I'm not an expert so I'm not exactly sure if it was distortion or just really loud.
Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Dang that looks good and I good price I'll have to look into it. Right now I think I need better subs because I was tuning my subs earlier and I believe they began to distort at about 2/3 gain and I know I'm not an expert so I'm not exactly sure if it was distortion or just really loud.
right what do u have amp gain set at? what hu do u have? how many pre amp volts does it have?

right what do u have amp gain set at? what hu do u have? how many pre amp volts does it have?
I have it set at about 3/4 of the way and my head unit is a pioneer deh-x4900bt I'm not sure about pre amp volts

Again, your gain is too high and your distorting your subs.
Ever considered his head unit pre-out might not be a true 2 volt pre-out? ever considered his potentiometer might not be 5 volts to 0.2 volts but rather 9 volts to .2 instead? Lots of factors. Its only clipping and distortion if its forced to go over its capabilities and not matched with the head unit pre-out voltage. This 50% and 75% guestimate thing is irrelevant when you look at cold hard numbers.

Ever considered his head unit pre-out might not be a true 2 volt pre-out? ever considered his potentiometer might not be 5 volts to 0.2 volts but rather 9 volts to .2 instead? Lots of factors. Its only clipping and distortion if its forced to go over its capabilities and not matched with the head unit pre-out voltage. This 50% and 75% guestimate thing is irrelevant when you look at cold hard numbers.
Ever think that sometimes the easiest and most likely answer is actually the RIGHT answer....

All I am saying is this, based on my previous test of the Planet Audio PL1500.1 and BigD's test of the AR1500.1, the fusing on those amps are in theory the correct fuse you would want to see with the actual power we got out of those amps.

30amps x 14.4V = 432 watts input (I know the fuse can handle more in bursts, but still..) @ 50% Efficiency for a Class A/B amp you get an out put of 216W, which is right around where we both got for output (He was a tad higher than the 180 I got).

If you do the same for this riot amp 50x14.4=720 , effeciency at 50% and you get 360W, if you take the efficiency I would have gotten under this scenario based on my output numbers of the which was 41% you get a number of 295W.

Now if you REALLY want to get **** for a starting point, you can take Big D's test. 30amp fusing amp, had a max current draw of 22 amps at 1%thd, with an output of 208 watts, with a voltage of 14.34. 14.34x22=315W. 208W/315=65% efficiency. 30amps of fusing / 22 amps max draw =73% draw compared to fuse rating. Apply same numbers in reverse order for the OPs amp. 50x73% = 36.5x14.4=525.6, 525x.65%=341W...

None of these numbers are exact and just theory but its a starting point.. and if OP wants to send me his amp I'll tell him EXACTLY what his amp does.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.