Recommended amp for two 150 watt rms subwoofers?

Okay thanks it's just people tell me Boss inflates their info but at the same time 225 is the lowest rms I've seen when wiring at 2 channel 4 ohms, because on their product page on Amazon it tells me 300 watts rms but on their website on the specs page it tells me 225 watt. But if I were to get a new amp, preferably mono, which would be good without getting super high wattage and breaking the bank when I don't need to.
Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
The specs on Boss amps are pure BS. I test amps for true power as a hobby and post the results to YouTube. Boss ratings are highly inflated. Let me look up that amp and see if I can figure this one out...

we've seen the dyno test of 1 of the 4k boss did 900 the others d anywhere from 80-200 or so.. are the subs single 4 ohm or dual? i can show u some lower cost amps be much better..
They are single voice coil 4 ohms. They are Kenwood KFC-W300S, I know they are pretty old [emoji23]

The specs on Boss amps are pure BS. I test amps for true power as a hobby and post the results to YouTube. Boss ratings are highly inflated. Let me look up that amp and see if I can figure this one out...
Okay thank you

Okay so I made a post about my subs and how one sounds good when I only have one plugged into my amp (Boss R6002) and if I have both it sounds bad. I figured it would be a power issue, but for two 150 watt rms subs on a 1200 Watt Amp I figured it would be okay but I guess not. Any ideas what amps would be good? I figured out a monoblock would be best but I don't want to spend loads of money on a $200 1600 watt amp that I don't need when I only need 150 watts for each speaker. Any help would be appreciated!
That amp based on the looks of it, is about 200 to maybe 300 watts bridged @ 4ohms TOPS. If your running it at 4 ohms stereo your likely getting 75W per sub.

That amp based on the looks of it, is about 200 to maybe 300 watts bridged @ 4ohms TOPS. If your running it at 4 ohms stereo your likely getting 75W per sub.
That sounds about right with the kind of sound I was getting lol. Any other amps that are better that you would know of? Since I know a lot more about wiring now I would preferably want a monoblock rated for 2 ohms that can preferably run over 400 watts rms so I can dial it down on the subs and still have plenty of power

I highly doubt its getting even close to 75 a sub. It might as well be on head unit power.

This is a so called boss 1100 watt amp. being put on the chopping block. Only does 162 watts.

dC0PcU.jpg

That sounds about right with the kind of sound I was getting lol. Any other amps that are better that you would know of? Since I know a lot more about wiring now I would preferably want a monoblock rated for 2 ohms that can preferably run over 400 watts rms so I can dial it down on the subs and still have plenty of power
need a budget.

blank u got still got that dual amp? sell him that.. or maybe a jbl 500 is what he needs..

I highly doubt its getting even close to 75 a sub. It might as well be on head unit power.
This is a so called boss 1100 watt amp. being put on the chopping block. Only does 162 watts.

dC0PcU.jpg

need a budget.
I did say tops... The Planet Audio I tested did 180W, and thats the same as the ARMOR1500M. Only reason why I think it might be doing 75x2 is the fusing... It does have 50 amps of fusing which is almost double the PA Amp I tested and the Armor Big D Tested... Still a crappy amp either way.

I did say tops... The Planet Audio I tested did 180W, and thats the same as the ARMOR1500M. Only reason why I think it might be doing 75x2 is the fusing... It does have 50 amps of fusing which is almost double the PA Amp I tested and the Armor Big D Tested... Still a crappy amp either way.
never believe the fusing. There was a lanzar with fake fusing that was not even connected to the board. manufacturers caught on to that fusing BS and they upped their bullsh*t game as well.

never believe the fusing. There was a lanzar with fake fusing that was not even connected to the board. manufacturers caught on to that fusing BS and they upped their bullsh*t game as well.
I hear you there... but the boss amps I have tested and seen tested had somewhat believable fusing....

Swap th3 positive and negative around on one of the subs. Pretty much reversing the polarity and putting the cones in phase with each other
That happened to be the issue and everything is working fine now, thanks for the help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.