Help troubleshooting

Participant count
  • Participant list

brafferty

CarAudio.com Elite
idaho
So I've been running just my b2 for a month while I moved, and today I went out install my subs again, no big project. But upon doing so my 4 channel (b2) flashes protect red at me 3 times ten holds a solid green for about 2 seconds. I've tried reduing all connection and to said amp and nothing . The subs and that amp work fine, so I'm very confused. Is ther just a way to reset an amp ? Maybe it got confused hahahahaha!

Amps don't really reset themselves, their kinda like a computer. Once engine shuts off, so should the amp or amps. Computer, you click on shut down and shuts off...blah blah blah. So yeah., Try restarting/turning over vehicle again if that does anything. Could be a lose wiring connection someplace causing it.

Hey I gotta ask ya, on the Polk Audio comps' x-over, there's a little switch on the side you can select to something like 6 db side. You leave that off by chance? When I installed mine, I left it alone. Not sure if it makes any difference or not.

fair, another concern of mine is I was reaching over the box and unscrewing at a point and dropped my Allen wrench, didn't seee if it hit anything , I'm no electrician but could it be possible my wrench touched some metal it wasn't meant to and shorted into out ? Might be a far reach but after re running my cables and still having the issue I'm reaching

Ohhh now the truth comes out! Caught with his pants down when the door opens lol. It could very well have affected something but only you would know and if you actually saw with your own eyes contacted with any of the terminals on the amp. Might check out everything when you get a chance. If there was a slight spark, you might have yourself a serious situation.

Ohhh now the truth comes out! Caught with his pants down when the door opens lol. It could very well have affected something but only you would know and if you actually saw with your own eyes contacted with any of the terminals on the amp. Might check out everything when you get a chance. If there was a slight spark, you might have yourself a serious situation.
Shiiiit how would one know if that was the case ?

Burn mark or something won't work.
Try connecting it direct to the battery, jump the remote off the positive and see if it comes on... if it does add signal and test with a speaker... if its bad you'll know.

Try connecting it direct to the battery, jump the remote off the positive and see if it comes on... if it does add signal and test with a speaker... if its bad you'll know.
Depending upon how one goes about installing amps, they're pretty much hooked up to the battery....with lengthly power/ground. So I don't think your idea would work vs. what he has now. Suppose he could try since it costs nothing but I'm willing to place a wager on it.

Depending upon how one goes about installing amps, they're pretty much hooked up to the battery....with lengthly power/ground. So I don't think your idea would work vs. what he has now. Suppose he could try since it costs nothing but I'm willing to place a wager on it.
Yes... thats a bet I'll leave alone... the allen wrench dropped out of sight eh?.. that could've done some damage... I had some loose copper strands get inside a customers amp once... good thing it didn't cost much... I ended up replacing it... (Hifonics)... shoulda done him a favor and upgraded the thing while it was out... lol

Yes... thats a bet I'll leave alone... the allen wrench dropped out of sight eh?.. that could've done some damage... I had some loose copper strands get inside a customers amp once... good thing it didn't cost much... I ended up replacing it... (Hifonics)... shoulda done him a favor and upgraded the thing while it was out... lol
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif metal to metal could have shorted something out. Only one way to find out...Op needs to check some things over.

Hey op... try another amp to see if its your problem... got a spare?.. old amp?.. I got 3 I'd let ya use... kinda far tho.
You ever go back to SMD forum at all? I don't go there anymore. Posted a pic a few weeks ago and that was it.

You ever go back to SMD forum at all? I don't go there anymore. Posted a pic a few weeks ago and that was it.
Is it still the same?.. my cheap budget install stuck out like a sore skar... lol... I haven't looked at the site in 6 months at least... well... it's been awhile... idk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.