Recommended amp for two 150 watt rms subwoofers?

WaCk071

KS
Okay so I made a post about my subs and how one sounds good when I only have one plugged into my amp (Boss R6002) and if I have both it sounds bad. I figured it would be a power issue, but for two 150 watt rms subs on a 1200 Watt Amp I figured it would be okay but I guess not. Any ideas what amps would be good? I figured out a monoblock would be best but I don't want to spend loads of money on a $200 1600 watt amp that I don't need when I only need 150 watts for each speaker. Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

you most likely have it wired wrong and one sub is out of phase.
How would I fix that? Because I hooked it all up the other night, and it sounded really weak but it had a lot of flex but I just couldn't hear it that well. I got the box and subs for Christmas, but if it was a phase issue how do I fix it? Because if I unplug one subwoofer then other one sounds a look deeper and louder.

How would I fix that? Because I hooked it all up the other night, and it sounded really weak but it had a lot of flex but I just couldn't hear it that well. I got the box and subs for Christmas, but if it was a phase issue how do I fix it? Because if I unplug one subwoofer then other one sounds a look deeper and louder.
swap the pos and negative of one sub.

Swap th3 positive and negative around on one of the subs. Pretty much reversing the polarity and putting the cones in phase with each other
Okay I will try that later and see if it fixes it

nope Is more damaging if you have it out of phase and trying to turn it up past its limit as you are now.
Oh okay I see, and also do you know how to determine how far you turn up the input level so I don't over power them and break them? And should I use the bass boost nob or no?

Oh okay I see, and also do you know how to determine how far you turn up the input level so I don't over power them and break them? And should I use the bass boost nob or no?
no bass boost ever on either the head unit or amplifier. When you turn it up and it stops getting louder or when the bass starts changing into a different pitch thats clipping aka danger zone territory, back if off a bit and thats your safe point. Slightly less than maximum output.

no bass boost ever on either the head unit or amplifier. When you turn it up and it stops getting louder or when the bass starts changing into a different pitch thats clipping aka danger zone territory, back if off a bit and thats your safe point. Slightly less than maximum output.
Okay thanks for the info I'll try and fix the polarity and see if that works and then set the input level correctly and turn off bass boost

Okay thanks for the info I'll try and fix the polarity and see if that works and then set the input level correctly and turn off bass boost
like they said sounds like 1of them maybe wired wrong.. so u know that amp only has something like 250 rms.. so if u ever do any better amp and subs come back and we'll give u better options

like they said sounds like 1of them maybe wired wrong.. so u know that amp only has something like 250 rms.. so if u ever do any better amp and subs come back and we'll give u better options
Okay thanks it's just people tell me Boss inflates their info but at the same time 225 is the lowest rms I've seen when wiring at 2 channel 4 ohms, because on their product page on Amazon it tells me 300 watts rms but on their website on the specs page it tells me 225 watt. But if I were to get a new amp, preferably mono, which would be good without getting super high wattage and breaking the bank when I don't need to.

Okay thanks it's just people tell me Boss inflates their info but at the same time 225 is the lowest rms I've seen when wiring at 2 channel 4 ohms, because on their product page on Amazon it tells me 300 watts rms but on their website on the specs page it tells me 225 watt. But if I were to get a new amp, preferably mono, which would be good without getting super high wattage and breaking the bank when I don't need to.
we've seen the dyno test of 1 of the 4k boss did 900 the others d anywhere from 80-200 or so.. are the subs single 4 ohm or dual? i can show u some lower cost amps be much better..

its a boss amp, whatever they list, divide by 5 or 10 and you'll get the real world wattage. They are just that bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.