Recommendation of a good sub to pair with my hifonics amp

Blezt_One

So I have a 1200w hifonics bxi 1210D left over from a previous build. It was used to power two 12's that were eventually jacked from my trunk. I'd like to re use this amp to save some money on my new build in my new fusion. I want something much smaller this time around. I'm looking for more of a smaller better sounding build this time around. Probably only want one sub since I need most of my trunk space. Is this amp to powerful for what I want to do? Does anyone have any suggestions on a sub that would work or what I should do? Thanks

Here is the amp http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17597_Hifonics-BXi-1210D.html

You can always turn your gain down to reduce the poewer.

How much space are you willing to give up? Height? Width? depth?

What is the brand and model of the sub you had?

Whats your budget?

I would like to be under $300. As far as space goes, I dont have an exact number but I would like to stay around/under a 10 inch depth (would be best if it was less)

Btw I am a noob to the stereo world, so my understanding of ratings and what works together is lacking. Explanation might be needed.

I would like to be under $300. As far as space goes, I dont have an exact number but I would like to stay around/under a 10 inch depth (would be best if it was less) Btw I am a noob to the stereo world, so my understanding of ratings and what works together is lacking. Explanation might be needed.
so 10 inch or 12 inch sub ?

I'm willing to do either, although space wise the 10 inch is probably better for me. I should also mention that my actual budget is somewhere around $600 but I am planning on including upgrades to the panel speakers. Depending on how this upgrade goes and how much it costs I could possibly throw in another $500 at a later date for a headunit upgrade. (Hopefully touchscreen)

I'm willing to do either, although space wise the 10 inch is probably better for me. I should also mention that my actual budget is somewhere around $600 but I am planning on including upgrades to the panel speakers. Depending on how this upgrade goes and how much it costs I could possibly throw in another $500 at a later date for a headunit upgrade. (Hopefully touchscreen)
well i can help you with everything you need .since you want a 10 that takes a small enclosure then i recommend dc lv 4 ,i can also take care of you with the components and the head unit as well .just need to know what your requirements are for both

For the components I just want some good quality upgrades for my stock system. I have the 6 speaker system with two 6x8s up front, two tweeters under the window, and two 6x8s in the back.

For the head unit, i am hesitant cause I am enjoying sync. I'd like to keep it and the wheel controls, or be able to replace it with a different Bluetooth type system and use the wheel controls for that system.i want a nice touchscreen and I want to play videos. i need it to work well with iPhones as well as android. I'd like GPS but I know that is costly.

When you say I can turn the gain down to use a less powerfull sub, what does that mean? Sorry im completely new. What specs should Iook for in a sub to ensure it matches up with this amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.