Realistic power handling of Focal 165k2's?

Diabolic
10+ year member

What is a realistic expectation of RMS power handling for the Focal 165k2 component set? I know the stats say 100W RMS and 200W Peak but has anyone experienced better or worse power handling?

I know the Diamond HEX s600s say 170W RMS and they live up to that fully. I just wanted similar info on the 165K2's for comparison.

dude come on...

I am disappointed in you!

You bought Focal...

sigh

you need to invest your hard earned income in some shiny red Sony Subs

THEY ROCK SO MUCH

I LOVE SONY SUBS

jk:p:p

you're idiots. the focals are the ****, sound amazing compared to anything else. Don't worry about anything, I've got 170*4 rms, and they handle them perfectly. Alpine and JL don't make amps that you should reliably put on any driver, and that's all you should buy.

has anyone ever heard of sarcasm??? JLaine is joking about the Sony speakers. And dolefully...i have no clue what your last sentence meant.

Alpine and JL don't make amps that you should reliably put on any driver, and that's all you should buy.
That makes absolutley no sense...but what i get from the end part of it is you saying that you should only by Alpine and JL amps...which is far from true. Let the educated educate others. Let the uneducated ask questions and learn.....not respond to things they don't know. there are many other amps out there that could fit somebodys system better then a JL or Alpine could and for a ton cheaper.

you understood me right. JL and alpine make the best amps I would say, in my opinion for any high quality sound system (within reason). Most of that other **** *****, and they don't have patents for their stuff, because they're cheap rip offs. There are other amps out there but they have huge faults, ppi's blow, eclipse can't handle a huge range, rockfords are one hit wonders, ect.... so bite me. I've heard a lot of cars, and I know a lot about the science of sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.