RE8 subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cameron
10+ year member

I have heard so much about Resonant Engineering subs and how great they are. I just read an review on the RE8 and I think I am going to go with 2 of those. I have limited room behind my seat in a single cab truck so I am unsure if they will fit. Does anyone knows how big they are and where I could get them? Also what kind of amp would be the best to power them?

Thanks,

Cam

I just ordered one yesterday from http://www.visionaryaudio.com. I paid 50$ shipped. The specs on the RE site say they are 4" deep. They only require a .217 ft^3 box. The specs say they take 175 WRMS each and they are a single 2ohm voice coil. I have heard so many good things about them. I can't wait to get mine.

Kevin

Cameron,

You could build a 12x12x6 box out of 3/4 MDF for each sub. That would give you 10.5x10.5x4.5 internal measurements. Giving about .28 internal volume minus what the sub takes up. If that doesn't fit, make make the box wider and shorter. Just figure out how much space you have and play with the numbers. I just bought an Xtant 3001a amp. It is 300 wrms @2ohms. I know it is double what I need but I have heard good things about Xtant and I can use it late if I get a bigger sub. Since you are looking at 2 RE8's you can use either a 2 channel amp that has 100-200 watts per channel at 2 ohms or use a mono amp that can go down to 1 ohm.

Kevin

No Problem, By the way what price range of an amp are you looking for? Since the RE8's don't require a lot of power, you won't have to spend a bundle on an Amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.