Re vs sundown

[quote name='mitchell0715']If you can make a legitimate claim then I don't see why it would be a problem, but I have to say @LosIsATool doesn't understand that lol[/QUOTE]

legit claims only mean as much as the reader can comprehend

legit claims only mean as much as the reader can comprehend
I think I found the owner or some guy super repping EMF, isn't that company a shitshow? I remember the owner was a big dbag on caco about his subs lol

I think I found the owner or some guy super repping EMF, isn't that company a shitshow? I remember the owner was a big dbag on caco about his subs lol
sean is a character. leave it at that

Like what? I don't see anything that hasn't been done before and never done again.
well, lets not stray from what you said. you didn't say there wasn't anything new tech wise, you said it has nothing really going for it.

starting with the topology of the motor, that's not a standard arrangement in which the flux path has one loop equating to one gap, this has 2. I call it a floating gap. the bottom gap is apposed to the top and the coils run in a push/pull formation. when one coil winding leaves one gap and begins to enter another, a breaking occurs by the opposed flux path being opposite polarity of the originated gap thus keeping it from over travel and mechanical damage. not that I see that happening anyways considering the spider diameter is larger then the standard 8" and 10" (there 12" due to the 5" coil with very healthy progressive roll)

the coil its self surpasses round wound or flat wound via edge wound method. this is more efficient when it comes to maximum coil density without causing excess air pockets between layers and increase inductance from the layers interaction with the core.

the coil is also ceramic toughened with a thicker then standard coil former. this helps with heat and structural integrity.

the coil is single 1 ohm (there wired internally together) yet theres two sets of leads. this is common SQ practice to keep the stresses and weights even on the spider. it costs more to do but pays off in the klippel testing.

the frame acts as a heat sink as does the above and below gaps structures. they also reduce modulation.

the cone is more or less a rohacell copy. very strong yet very light. this helps with accurate tonal reproduction under high excursion.

and the 19" portion, that helps make it a true 18" cone in terms of area. not perfect but helps. im sure it was also done for proprietary reasons for recone prevention outside of Rockford. id rebuild it with an adapter my self

Technically, you are correct. But I've done a vs thread on SMD before and it never got deleted or anything. Plus it's not like Steve goes around deleting threads if that does happen, it would be the moderators. And there's sponsorships on this forum too, hell we are posting in one right now lol
True, but is the SD vendor gonna show up and insult OP for choosing an RE, then start a mob against him, and then offer free product to people that join in the bashing?

well, lets not stray from what you said. you didn't say there wasn't anything new tech wise, you said it has nothing really going for it.

starting with the topology of the motor, that's not a standard arrangement in which the flux path has one loop equating to one gap, this has 2. I call it a floating gap. the bottom gap is apposed to the top and the coils run in a push/pull formation. when one coil winding leaves one gap and begins to enter another, a breaking occurs by the opposed flux path being opposite polarity of the originated gap thus keeping it from over travel and mechanical damage. not that I see that happening anyways considering the spider diameter is larger then the standard 8" and 10" (there 12" due to the 5" coil with very healthy progressive roll)

the coil its self surpasses round wound or flat wound via edge wound method. this is more efficient when it comes to maximum coil density without causing excess air pockets between layers and increase inductance from the layers interaction with the core.

the coil is also ceramic toughened with a thicker then standard coil former. this helps with heat and structural integrity.

the coil is single 1 ohm (there wired internally together) yet theres two sets of leads. this is common SQ practice to keep the stresses and weights even on the spider. it costs more to do but pays off in the klippel testing.

the frame acts as a heat sink as does the above and below gaps structures. they also reduce modulation.

the cone is more or less a rohacell copy. very strong yet very light. this helps with accurate tonal reproduction under high excursion.

and the 19" portion, that helps make it a true 18" cone in terms of area. not perfect but helps. im sure it was also done for proprietary reasons for recone prevention outside of Rockford. id rebuild it with an adapter my self
We will have to see how all this performs in the right hands. From just looking at the build that popped up on their FB page, very disappointing for the cost. There is absolutely nothing that warrants the cost for the T2 and T3 considering where they are made.

Who are you? This analysis I can assume comes from someone who has practice in building drivers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Reedradar

Reedradar
Washington
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Reedradar