Re vs sundown

Reedradar

I've asked this on other forums but this looks like the place for it.

Re sxx v2 12 d4

Or

Sundown sa-12 d4

My amp at 2ohms puts out 1000 rms so that's not the problem. Which is better bang for buck.

(Already own the RE just wondering if the SD is an upgrade)

the sa for a ton of reasons 75% of users wont understand. from the cooling advancements to the faraday reductions in place and QC. RE was good long ago, there not now. they just haven't stepped up

the sa for a ton of reasons 75% of users wont understand. from the cooling advancements to the faraday reductions in place and QC. RE was good long ago, there not now. they just haven't stepped up
My RE MT's are badass but thats one of their older highest quality designs, all the new shit from RE I see looks pathetic and sold out to china

reconed by psi btw

u8jzOMR.jpg

looks do matter when you're looking at a sub, but you need to look at the right things and even at that some of things cant be seen without knowing about that subwoofer specifically.

skar spams the hell out of my local craigslist with shit. they use reputable companies brand name as tags for when you search quality equipment.

I loved my RE and I read about the sundown cooling. Im gonna have to watch it though. Its winter so i gotta be careful to not bump till the cars warm

I've asked this on other forums but this looks like the place for it.
Re sxx v2 12 d4

Or

Sundown sa-12 d4

My amp at 2ohms puts out 1000 rms so that's not the problem. Which is better bang for buck.

(Already own the RE just wondering if the SD is an upgrade)
so are you curious about the SD or SA?

I loved my RE and I read about the sundown cooling. Im gonna have to watch it though. Its winter so i gotta be careful to not bump till the cars warm
never once followed that rule. only way id care is if the surround is rubber

Maybe I'm crazy but I'd take a XXX or MT over any Sundown.
I mean, das so ****.

xxx12v2d2.jpg
poor quality. little known fact, the xxx was supposed to be neo originally but cost wouldn't allow. the top plate, IMO is more suited for underhung. its not a very saturated structure either. the tinsels are sandwiched and the MMS is nuts which hurts efficiency

poor quality. little known fact, the xxx was supposed to be neo originally but cost wouldn't allow. the top plate, IMO is more suited for underhung. its not a very saturated structure either. the tinsels are sandwiched and the MMS is nuts which hurts efficiency

But with enough power it has 4" of throw, great sq, low as ***, and it's arguably the best looking inverted driver. And as far as I know the material quality is good.

But with enough power it has 4" of throw, great sq, low as ***, and it's arguably the best looking inverted driver. And as far as I know the material quality is good.
gobs of power indeed to get anywhere near 4" peak to peak and even then it wont be near linear travel nor BL curve. its low end response can be attributed to the great MMS. the coil should be American wound (if hey haven't swapped to china)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Reedradar

Reedradar
Washington
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Reedradar