sealed enclosure for 2 SA12-D4'S

wondering what optimum vol. would be for my 2 sundowns pushing them with about 1500rms or 700rms each i know voice coil cooling is an issue i would appreciate any help thanks
Sealed1.0 ft^3

off sundown website. ..

kind of space limited wit batteries and amps how small of a ported box will work any ideas? the box on sundowns site is way to big for me
On that power it would need to be pretty big. You could go with aero ports and save some room.

kind of space limited wit batteries and amps how small of a ported box will work any ideas? the box on sundowns site is way to big for me
you should look into 1 12 or two 10s man. You dont seem to grasp the concept of space makes bass. Shoving a bunch of woofers in a tight space gets you no bass.

you should look into 1 12 or two 10s man. You dont seem to grasp the concept of space makes bass. Shoving a bunch of woofers in a tight space gets you no bass.

^^^^^^

2 sa8v2's off 1500 watts will hummm nicely as well.

no i grasp the concept of bass in any space i'm obviously just trying to fin out what is an acceptable small enclosure for the pair i can actually go as big as 6 ft3 or 6 cu.ft. and areo port i was thinking if i go big I've got a 10 in. diameter port i can use go big or go home right just wanted to save a little trunk space.... that's all i already own my equipment but thanks for the space saving input

You can go about 2.6@32-34 htz ported on 1-12..One one heavy ten you could go approx 1.6-2.0 @34-36 htz that Ive had great output with.You could prob go with 1-12 at 2.0 with aero port do nicely,2 of those sa12s in a 2.4 with an aero port.You just need decide what sub and type enclosure you want to with,and go from there.Hell..run that 10 for a bit.A good box for it, may surprise you

Don't listen to this **** lol. If you know you want to go sealed go sealed not everyone needs to go ported nor wants the ghetto banging pos suv. I had a similar conundrum as you when doing my system. I could go smaller and ported or do what I did and I do not regret it for one second it's plenty loud for me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dmuney

dmuney
arlington WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
dmuney