Re vs sundown

Yea. I'm sure the SDs are great. TBH I've never heard one and I've owned RE before. Old RE. In reality the reason I'd never buy SD is because of a certain owner of a certain forum. But I ain't gonna bother naming names. When SD separates themselves from him I'll reconsider.

But with enough power it has 4" of throw, great sq, low as ***, and it's arguably the best looking inverted driver. And as far as I know the material quality is good.
I would like to see someone with the power to achieve that throw run the sub daily on music. The new xxx's are basically paper weights. They spent too much time on making a subwoofer cheap with impressive stats that don't add up to much.

gobs of power indeed to get anywhere near 4" peak to peak and even then it wont be near linear travel nor BL curve. its low end response can be attributed to the great MMS. the coil should be American wound (if hey haven't swapped to china)
To my knowledge there is not a single American part on RE gear anymore. Now if this was 2005...

I've asked this on other forums but this looks like the place for it.
Re sxx v2 12 d4

Or

Sundown sa-12 d4

My amp at 2ohms puts out 1000 rms so that's not the problem. Which is better bang for buck.

(Already own the RE just wondering if the SD is an upgrade)
Where u at in WA?

Well if you must know, I won't do business with a company that associates with Meade. No big deal. Most won't care about my personal issue with him.

I asked as I know many of the forum owners. wasn't aware meade was actually involved in sundown beyond getting money to allow vendorship on his "forum"

Well if you must know, I won't do business with a company that associates with Meade. No big deal. Most won't care about my personal issue with him.
I'm not a fan of Meade either. Nothing personal, but he just seems arrogant

I'm not a fan of Meade either. Nothing personal, but he just seems arrogant
I'm not a huge fan of him but I do like some of his products. I was able to pick up a SMD DD-1 used for cheap and it's been extremely nice and convenient to have when setting gains.

And I do like his forum. And I will give him credit that he does have a talent for nice installs and builds.

He's the only reason RF still has sales
Lol, yes.

Most of Rockford is garbage, but they do have a couple good subs plus their big amps are good (although overpriced for the power they actually produce).

The majority of customers buy their lower end junk and are just paying for the name so they can all tell their friends that they have rockford stuff

I'm not a huge fan of him but I do like some of his products. I was able to pick up a SMD DD-1 used for cheap and it's been extremely nice and convenient to have when setting gains.
And I do like his forum. And I will give him credit that he does have a talent for nice installs and builds.
I would not buy his products. I won't support him, and the forum is more strict than CACO (not trying to get banned from there again, just saying how it is).

Can't you not make a vs. thread on SMD between brands/products because of sponsorship???

I would not buy his products. I won't support him, and the forum is more strict than CACO (not trying to get banned from there again, just saying how it is).
Can't you not make a vs. thread on SMD between brands/products because of sponsorship???
Technically, you are correct. But I've done a vs thread on SMD before and it never got deleted or anything. Plus it's not like Steve goes around deleting threads if that does happen, it would be the moderators. And there's sponsorships on this forum too, hell we are posting in one right now lol

Technically, you are correct. But I've done a vs thread on SMD before and it never got deleted or anything. Plus it's not like Steve goes around deleting threads if that does happen, it would be the moderators. And there's sponsorships on this forum too, hell we are posting in one right now lol
This is completely different.

Sundown pays for a vendor membership here. They get their own section and stuff. There isn't a bunch of advertisements and you can say whatever you want about sundown

Lol, yes.
Most of Rockford is garbage, but they do have a couple good subs plus their big amps are good (although overpriced for the power they actually produce).

The majority of customers buy their lower end junk and are just paying for the name so they can all tell their friends that they have rockford stuff
The big power amps can't compare with Korean and they sound funny. Efficency is horrible and they have fixed SS filters.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Reedradar

Reedradar
Washington
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Reedradar