Rd Audio S.h.w. ?

well my goal is for my setup to be a loud daily driver that can be in 148-152db range... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I vote for 2 15" nightshades with a AQ3500 should sound better than the SHW and easily break 150's. Your gonna spend a f_ckload on electrical to back up 8Krms, you could use one 4k instead.

If your gonna do the SHW and 2 4k then by all means go right ahead - but for the goals you outlined you don't need that much equipment and with the gear you are buying you should break 150 just throwing it in the car.

The HW 18" will handle the power you have in the correct box. Here is a vid from today, Two d9's @ 0.35 ohm daily on two HW 15" dual .7's.

They have the new cone and 66mm tall coils they do very well on the lows.

The SHW V.2 is VERY CLOSE to being complete. The V.2 has some benifits over the V.1

First is we have a daily version and a SPL version, the Daily version will be complete first

they are

Stronger cone and surround

Linear coil technology

Spiders a 10" in dia

50% more contact on the Triple joint

over 25mm of xmax on way

80+mm tall 4 inch , 8 layer voice coil

and many other small improvements

LOL...I love it when proof is posted and the local nuthuggers of some companies shutup and leave the thread... HAHAHAHAHA

If the HW with a 3" coil is handling 5k+ imagine what the 4" coil is gonna handle!!!

Here is a Pic of my SHW -vs- HW

Both are 15's

6-1.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.