Choosing a subwoofer

surreyjack
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ca
Hey, I have a 2008 Altima, and I'm looking into getting 2 12" subwoofers. I listen to alot of rap music. Im also going for SQ, with a thump. Right now I'm looking at getting a set of alpine type r's, because I heard they are good, and there price range fits mine ($250 a sub). This audio guy reccommened that I get a Exile Shift amplifier (I have no experience with them) heres a link

http://www.exileaudio.com/2007/produ.../?model=s500.1

Ill be getting 2 of these for $500, which I think is a good price. Anybody ever use these amps? The guy said that the old company that use to build Phoenix Gold before they went down, make these.

I'm thinking of going with a sealed enclosure. What do you guys think?

I pretty sure you can get them type rs on ebay for like 125 or so shipped like 2 for 200 or something like that
I'm from Canada, so shipping may bring it to the same price, but I'll take a look. Thanks

MAW? Can you be more specific im not good with nicknames for subs lol.
not a nickname, it's a subwoofer line that they used to carry. They now have the MJ18M, the IXL line, and the SPL line. Go with 2 12" IXL and they should be less than 500. You need a bigger amp though, that exile won't cut it.

not a nickname, it's a subwoofer line that they used to carry. They now have the MJ18M, the IXL line, and the SPL line. Go with 2 12" IXL and they should be less than 500. You need a bigger amp though, that exile won't cut it.
See thats the problem. I have a budget. I can spend up too $500 on subs, and $500 on an amp. A bigger amp would cut into my budget.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.