rangerboy101's build

Second sub finally showed up:

258281787_photobucket_41392_.jpg

Did you deaden the back wall or the roof yet? Back wall was a must in my Ranger, roof helped a ton as well.

I don't know how you guys with the rear sliders (window) live with it. I put a solid window in my Ranger and I am about to do the same with my SuperDuty. No amount of foam tape will stop that **** thing from rattling and trying to remove itself. Gonna try some clear silicone first. Just seal that sucker up and see what happens.

Yea I'm doing my back wall when I take out my current box and my other jumpseat. My slider makes so much noise as it is now. I can't imagine how loud it'll get when these 15's go in.

I did that with my doors. Then my window regular wire frayed. Therefore, I had to remove all the deadener and supplies I used to seal up the doors. IMO unless you are cocky it is not worth sealing the doors for a daily driver just in case you run into any kind of problems with the mechanisms inside your door panel. Competition cars are a completely different story, but that is just my 2 cents.
Thats why if you have auto windows you seal up the holes with removable panels so if anything does happen you just pull a few screws and you can work on it like it came from the factory. I usually use 1/8" abs plastic with whether stripping around the edges. Has worked great on all the builds I have done. If you have manual windows like I do though then its not a problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

OP I hope you have a good alarm system on your truck.

OP I hope you have a good alarm system on your truck.
Factory one but I'm not too worried about it. The box will be getting covered with dark carpet and the truck will hopefully be getting 5% all around. Nobody would be able to really see it unless they know my truck.

Nobody would be able to really see it unless they know my truck.
Those are the ones you usually have to worry about.

Been following your build on a few different websites [As im about to get a 98 x-cab ranger in a few weeks], And like the progress you have made.

My first set-up when i get it, Will be a Team PSI TC9 based woofer built to handle a kicker zx1500.1 @ 2 ohms, And a set of ID CTX65cs's. Ive got the system already, And money for the truck, Just waiting on my friend to get a new vehicle.

Small update. I ordered some carpet yesterday so the box will be coming back out, getting sanded, and then getting covered and probably get a little more bracing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.