random equipment help

Participant count
  • Participant list
so i received a couple nice gifts from a good friend and i was wondering what way i should hook it up. im basically just seeing how it sounds and then ill figure out what to do with it from here. i just really need help with the best way to wire it. thanks so much!

Amp: Rockford Fosgate p400-4

-50 watts x4

-50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (100 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)

-200 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)

Sub: Rockford Fosgate p2d210

-10" subwoofer with dual 2-ohm voice coils

-power range: 50-250 watts RMS (125 watts per coil)

-500 watts peak power handling

Thank you so much for any help that is given!

use 2 channels only for the sub wire the sub at 4 ohms and bridge the amp for the same ohm load
wow, i should of thought that through a little more. thank you for opening my eyes on that one!

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

also, does anyone know if 8 gauge would be okay for this, it wont be hooked up permanently and i only have 8 gauge laying around at the moment

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.