ran into a problem

gonzalgi21
10+ year member

ok so i have a 12 inch kicker l7 in a small sealed box in my trunk it used to be paired with a 600 watt mono block kicker amp... that amp used to cut off on me when i cranked up the volume so i bought a higher watt amp which i just installed today its a memphis 1200x2 amp and i also have a 350x2 kicker amp for my interior speakers so i proceed with installing the new sub amp and its loud and does not cut off but out of nowhere my whole system just shut off on me and wont turn back on all the fuses look fine including the one under the hood but nothing will power up when i turn my car besides the headunit itself and by the way i am using the stock battery to power my whole system... what could be my problem?

check your remote turn on also when you say nothing comes on even the head unit? get out your multimeter and figure out where your voltage is where it stops. test light can work as well but a DMM will give you voltage readings.

what do you guys mean by remote turn on? do you mean the remote wire? what could have happene to it? and yes the head unit does come on but the amps dont light up

I have the same prob sometimes. Doesn't happen frequently enough for me to rip apart my car checking all the wires yet.

UPDATE= ok so i found out that even tho the fuse under the hood looked fine it was bad so i replaced it and everything turned on again... i replaced it soon as i got out of work in the parking lot and by the time i got home the new fuse i had put in blew again so now the amps dont turn on again but i wanna know what is making the fuse blow like that?

UPDATE= ok so i found out that even tho the fuse under the hood looked fine it was bad so i replaced it and everything turned on again... i replaced it soon as i got out of work in the parking lot and by the time i got home the new fuse i had put in blew again so now the amps dont turn on again but i wanna know what is making the fuse blow like that?
what size power wire and what size fuse?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.