Rainbows, need info!

As above for the Vandiums..cold'er' due to their metal cone/tweet. Very detailed..not overwhelmingly bright or fatigueing as some would expect from a hard dome.
6spdcoupe,

What's your suggestions for my dilemma on speaker choses?

Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

John Scaro - what specific attributes are you looking for in a driver? What other setups have you listened to before that you liked? Unless you have messed with lots of high end home audio stuff, I guarantee all three of these component sets will put a smile on your face for many days to come. (It should be noted that if you have messed with home audio, you will find the drivers are no less competent but the listening environment is)

John Scaro - what specific attributes are you looking for in a driver? What other setups have you listened to before that you liked? Unless you have messed with lots of high end home audio stuff, I guarantee all three of these component sets will put a smile on your face for many days to come. (It should be noted that if you have messed with home audio, you will find the drivers are no less competent but the listening environment is)
I like all kinds of music from Alternative to Rap to Country. Depends on the mood. As far as car audio it's been about 10 years since I kept up with it. Back in the day it was Boston Acoustics Pro series and MB Quarts that I had along with my PPI Art Series amps.

As far as the home audio, Currently I have Mirage in my Home Theater and Boston Acoustics in my bedroom system. Oh yeah, I have the Klipsch 4.1 speakers on my computer too......

I really don't know what I'm looking for also, just not a bad decision I guess..

John

You won't make a bad decision by getting any of these components then. I would suggest purchasing whatever one is in your budget and calling it good. Get some Raammat/Second Skin and completely deaden your doors. Mount them on some birch plywood spacers if their mounting depth is too large. Good luck with the install and enjoy whatever one your choose.

What exactly are the differences right now between the SLC 265's, and the SLC 265 Kick? How is the off-axis response of the 2 compared? I can get a smoking deal on teh 265's right now from work as we're clearing some inventory, so I'd like to hear this info quick.

Now, I've never really had the opportunity to compare these to much of anything, let alone anything at the level of quality that the Rainbow's are designed with. What in the more 'mainstream' audio world can they compare to? I've used/installed a few sets of JL XR's, how do they compare to the XR's? Thanks.

Get some of the Powerlines.Do it once and do it right.Besides you should have plenty of money....unless of course you haven't kicked that racing habit of yours.

I agree that you'll be driven to upgrade no matter what you do. The profi CS365 set I am currently trying to sell showed me that great sound is achievable in a car. Now I want more so I'm going with the Cal28s and some DIY mids and midbass.

PM me if you have any questions about my experience with the Profis or even better, if you are interested in buying them.

I have kept the same prices for everyone, everytime to be fair. No price dropping considering its already below what they are supposed to be at. Ive had people contact me for products from His area and sent them to him. But nonetheless he wont hesitate for a second to sell products to someone 10 miles away from me.
In my case I find those accusations to be unfair. When I bought my germs your price was the lowest. I PMed both of you on xover dimensions and I never heard back from you. Aaron responded and gave me detailed measurements and answered all of my questions. I purchased from him due to customer service. As far as your area (the armpit of the US) is a little vague. I have also read numerous post where he has sent customers to you.

You both seem like very nice guys and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with either of you but I do not read any negative comments about you from Aaron.

He shouldnt have lower prices at all, if anything we should Both be respecting the SRP pricing that has been set for us. He was told when he original had "call for better pricing" that he had to remove it, so he did. Now he still goes ALOT lower, but just doesnt advertise that he will. Seems a bit shady no?
Im certain both of you are great guys and i know you have been around longer and I have never heard anything bad about you. The thing is though rainbow at this time is pretty exclusive and only available to a hand full of dealers. Pricing can be kept high since not many offer them so sticking to the SRP would be very wise for both of you since there really isnt much competition, but once a few guys get there hands on it with deep pockets trust me it will come to an end. You will then have no choice but to be flexible and believe me it will happen. There is a demand for that line and guys in the business will take notice. Now for him selling lower in private where no one sees it i dont see anything wrong with it. SRP really is the suggested retail price and then there is the lowest price you can advertise at which is MAP (which im totally sure you know this hehehe ). If he wants to sell for less and doesnt advertise it, really he technically isnt doing anything wrong. I say do the same thing, No reason why not to if you wanna stay competitive. my .02

In my case I find those accusations to be unfair. When I bought my germs your price was the lowest. I PMed both of you on xover dimensions and I never heard back from you. Aaron responded and gave me detailed measurements and answered all of my questions. I purchased from him due to customer service. As far as your area (the armpit of the US) is a little vague. I have also read numerous post where he has sent customers to you.You both seem like very nice guys and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with either of you but I do not read any negative comments about you from Aaron.

This was all several months ago and Aaron I spoke about it a few times. We are on fair grounds now, so now need to dig it back up.

Do I miss PMs occassionally? Yes I do, with a dozen or so a day on this forum alone (Im on Alot) some tend to fall through the cracks. For that my apologies.

Im certain both of you are great guys and i know you have been around longer and I have never heard anything bad about you. The thing is though rainbow at this time is pretty exclusive and only available to a hand full of dealers. Pricing can be kept high since not many offer them so sticking to the SRP would be very wise for both of you since there really isnt much competition, but once a few guys get there hands on it with deep pockets trust me it will come to an end. You will then have no choice but to be flexible and believe me it will happen. There is a demand for that line and guys in the business will take notice. Now for him selling lower in private where no one sees it i dont see anything wrong with it. SRP really is the suggested retail price and then there is the lowest price you can advertise at which is MAP (which im totally sure you know this hehehe ). If he wants to sell for less and doesnt advertise it, really he technically isnt doing anything wrong. I say do the same thing, No reason why not to if you wanna stay competitive. my .02
Actually whats been set and agreed upon from all dealers was to stay at SRP prices, especially on the net. This is how I originally got permission to do so directly from Stefan and Paul (Germany). Bending the rules a bit and selling a hair above cost are two different cases. For 2007 I am working with Stephen as well as Stefan to establish more firm MAP pricing guidelines for dealers to follow.

BTW...your in my area for alot of lines that I rep, we should talk. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I know plenty of dealers, especially with online sales, whose lines have been yanked for 'backdooring' below MAP pricing. It's not ethical, and manufacturers REALLY frown upon it. I don't believe Rainbow would be too happy to hear that their product is being dumped off cheap. They're small enough at the moment where if that was happening, they could simply cut off that dealer, and replace with another. And they have a pretty fair idea of exactly where their product goes as well.

This was all several months ago and Aaron I spoke about it a few times. We are on fair grounds now, so now need to dig it back up.
Do I miss PMs occassionally? Yes I do, with a dozen or so a day on this forum alone (Im on Alot) some tend to fall through the cracks. For that my apologies.
Glad you guys worked it out because these speakers are a great product and value. I hope you both become the largest volume dealers in the US.

No need to apologize for missing my PM. I am also in retail sales and understand there is not enough time in the day to take care of everyone.

Still would like to know your location/area? You know, in case I need something new. This stuff is so addictive.

Glad you guys worked it out because these speakers are a great product and value. I hope you both become the largest volume dealers in the US.
No need to apologize for missing my PM. I am also in retail sales and understand there is not enough time in the day to take care of everyone.

Still would like to know your location/area? You know, in case I need something new. This stuff is so addictive.
Central NJ-Edison to be exact.

Although right at this moment very close to you sitting in Knoxville TN. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.