1992 Civic Sound Deadening Job *Pics* 56k Beware

krisfnbz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Frederick MD
EDIT: JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW PICS WILL BE POSTED THROUGHOUT THIS THREAD AS I COMPLETE THE PROCESS, I CANNOT POST MORE THAN 10 PICS ON THE FIRST PAGE, SO LOOK THROUGH THE WHOLE THREAD IF YOU WANT TO SEE ALL THE PICS.

Ahh I decided to sound deaden my doors, and later on trunk. After reading about how to do so... and viewing alot of pictures I decided to give it a shot. I tried to get as many good pics as possible for all you civic owners out there who would like to do this to your vehicle. I didnt get a chance to finish the driver side door, just the passenger side. I used some duct tape overtop after I pressed hard down on the material, just to give it more of a bond. The passenger side looks really good, and I cant wait to install my CDT CL 61a's.

install001.jpg

install002.jpg

install004.jpg

install005.jpg

install011.jpg

install012.jpg

install013.jpg

install014.jpg

install016.jpg

Finished passenger door.

install010.jpg

I figure I did better on this than building my box! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

what kind of a Deadening are you using there????

is it 1 layer inside and out or 2 layers??

How long did it take you to do it and how much Deadening did you use on that one door??

BTW. looks good.

what kind of a Deadening are you using there????is it 1 layer inside and out or 2 layers??

How long did it take you to do it and how much Deadening did you use on that one door??

BTW. looks good.
I bought 3 rolls of Peel N Seal at lowes with my friends 10% off discount. The passenger door is complete, with 1 layer inside, and about 1.5 layers on the outside, I only double layered the more important areas. The driver side is not yet complete and that is 1 layter inside(complete) and the outside is barely covered at all, It got to dark to work with yesterday.

I have 3 rolls of peel n seal and ive only used about half of it at this point.(or a little more) I tell you once I covered those big holes in the doors with a double layer, man it was alot thicker than I imagined. Per door took me about an hour and half, or so... im completing it today. Im going to duct tape overtop of the peel n seal, it just looks better that way.

Here are both the right door and left door finished. Also is a pic of the rear....Those are CDT CL 6x's to which I powered up to HU power(I bought them from Oldmantodd) Turns out that both of the speakers are blown. I just PM'ed him and im awaiting his response. I was kind of pissed when I powered them up for the first time, but oh well.

install011-1.jpg

install012-1.jpg

dfd.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.