Rainbow SLC 6.5 Woofer Repair

Participant count
  • Participant list

PollyCranopolis
10+ year member

Bees!
I have a set of SLC 6.5's. The front left mid woofer has issues. The rubber surround lip has physically separated from about 1/3 of the circumference of the paper cone. This is causing the speaker to buzz at high volume. I was wondering on suggestions for repair. Seal the separated part, or redo the whole thing? What glue to use that one can find at the local walmart or convenience store? Will super glue eat the cone? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ended up using a thick layer of rubber cement I had on hand. Put a layer all around the bottom and upper seam where the surround and the cone connect, as well as in the split. Left to dry overnight. Going to try to install it today and see what happens.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.