Radar Gun For Loud Systems

Depression
10+ year member

ISSUES
I mentioned this on another thread. But I read that SEMA is fighting in Californias Goverment Legislation so that Law Enforcement cannot issue tickes to those with loud exhaust or LOUD Stereo Systems until they can devise a method or device to accuratly measure DB levels. SEMA is essentailly claiming that it is not constitutional to issue tickets without any "real" method of measuring the loudness of our cars. Leaving this violation up to the "un-educated opinion" of the officer is not probable cause and results in tickets being issued without proof of actual violation, thus it's not legal to do.

Of course if SEMA succeeds Law enforcment will find a way to prove sound violations, but for now SEMA's goal is to eliminate the ability for such tickets to be issued.

I doubt it..but you would be very impressed at the Laws SEMA has gotten removed and changed. They have a Very well financed Legal team.

Yea..thats the type of thing I have seen alot when getting pulled over and SEMA is aware of this issue..Cops are not giving tickets for catching you with the system turned up loud..They are citing you for owning a loud system!!

Shoot don't they know any system can be loud? Even stock can scream. They should appreciate the time and effort we take to make it sound so darn good!

Exactly..it's a cliche but they should appreciate that we spend time on systems and customizing our rides instead of Drugs or Gangs. ****..I am being honest when I say that my "new" obsession with stereo systems is a subconscious way of having a release after quitting my Vicodin habit...

SEMA is using that point and that it is an attack on the products and the buyers..I mean you cannot give an Indy car a speeding ticket while it's just sitting on the trailer..so you can't assume a kid is blasting his stereo just because you see 2 JL/1000's.

Sorry Pigs but it ain't a crime unless you get caught!

Exactly..it's a cliche but they should appreciate that we spend time on systems and customizing our rides instead of Drugs or Gangs. ****..I am being honest when I say that my "new" obsession with stereo systems is a subconscious way of having a release after quitting my Vicodin habit...
SEMA is using that point and that it is an attack on the products and the buyers..I mean you cannot give an Indy car a speeding ticket while it's just sitting on the trailer..so you can't assume a kid is blasting his stereo just because you see 2 JL/1000's.

Sorry Pigs but it ain't a crime unless you get caught!
Your sir, are a dumbass. If a person gets pulled over for sound the deserve it. There COPS not PIGS dumb****.

A hardley Davidson's exhaust at full throttle is much louder than i would ever have my stereo up.

But do they get pulled over ?

That "gun" would max out from that noise

A hardley Davidson's exhaust at full throttle is much louder than i would ever have my stereo up. But do they get pulled over ?

That "gun" would max out from that noise
Yeah but its not a punk ass kid playing lil jon driving in a small neighborhood with little kids. davidsons sound good to, not like a thump thump thump....some day you will grow up....hopefully.

thats a kid vs a grown man.i think the man needs to grow up.
Considering most davidsons come STOCK like that UNMODDED, he doesnt need to grow up. The little kid with more rattles in his car then anything and thinks hes cool needs to grow the **** up.

In packerfan's defense, I agree.

Kids blaring their systems at 2 in the moring, in my subdivision, and at the light REALLY piss me off....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.