R/T sub enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

lilgreg1
10+ year member

Chicago
Hey is anyone out there familiar with R/T sub enclosures. I had a question regarding an enclosure that sounddomain (http://www.sounddomain.com) has. It is the R/T 3300-12 model. I was wondering if it had three seperatae chambers or just one. If it only had just one large chamber how would this sound. I've sent an email to sounddomain over a week ago and I have no received a return message. THANKS! ggrier1@uic.edu

looking at the pic on sounddomain.com it appears to be just one big box with three sub openings... i would strongly recomend yo u buy or build a box that has individual chambers for each sub. you will get better sound and bass response.

as long as the box is built correctly 3/4 mdf and propperly braced inside then the common air chamber will give you about a 3 db increase in speaker sensitivity, which will yield a louder speaker and a substantial increase in spl level. just make sure you know how to wire the subs to get a same ohm load for the amp(s)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.