"New" car choice!! need opinions!

Trust me, I know. I work at one of the largest Ford dealerships in the region.
Well there ya go! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

EDIT

I don't even think raptors were even mentioned ITT...

Buy another Ram. I got one a few months back and its been a great truck so far. 2013 R/T.
ive been looking around and I've really liked the look of the new dodge ram... I think thats what i might be going with unless i see something better

If you want a new truck, I'd stick with RAMs. They're about the only one you can "easily" get whatever engine you want, mated to whatever transmission you want, in front of any rear end you want.

With Ford and Chevy....you gotta have this package for this engine, or that package for that transmission, and none match the package for the rear end you want.

And I tell you this...I must be a special person, I've been a GM driver all my life and have NEVER had a problem with them. I drive hard. I modify everything I drive. If I sell the vehicle before its old, most of the time (only 3 vehicles really) they are sold to a friend or someone I keep in touch with. They are still going with no problems.

But...to pull that boat, or a camper....with GM...diesel. Their gas trucks are lacking. If you go with the big gas engine truck, you'd still need a better-geared rear end to pull with. Ford too. Now a Dodge RAM...pffft...5.7 with a 3.92 for less than 28K...new.

Stick with the RAM.

If you want a new truck, I'd stick with RAMs. They're about the only one you can "easily" get whatever engine you want, mated to whatever transmission you want, in front of any rear end you want.
With Ford and Chevy....you gotta have this package for this engine, or that package for that transmission, and none match the package for the rear end you want.

And I tell you this...I must be a special person, I've been a GM driver all my life and have NEVER had a problem with them. I drive hard. I modify everything I drive. If I sell the vehicle before its old, most of the time (only 3 vehicles really) they are sold to a friend or someone I keep in touch with. They are still going with no problems.

But...to pull that boat, or a camper....with GM...diesel. Their gas trucks are lacking. If you go with the big gas engine truck, you'd still need a better-geared rear end to pull with. Ford too. Now a Dodge RAM...pffft...5.7 with a 3.92 for less than 28K...new.

Stick with the RAM.
My R/T has the 5.7 Hemi and a 4.10 rear end with a 6 speed auto. It scoots along pretty good. Only thing it doesnt have is a spray in bedliner (I might get a tonneau eventually instead), and the 8 speed, which isnt offered in the R/T. Even with the engine and gearing, when I drive it real easy on the freeway, I can average 19mpg. Ive gotten as good as 20mpg driving like my mpg is a game. Average mpg since Ive gotten the truck is 16mpg. I bet someone like my dad driving it 99% city could get better than me, and probably average around 17-18 city.

Go drive the Ram. The Express line is a heck of a value especially, although all their trucks are a better buy than the Fords and Chevys. Ive only really owned Fords/Chevys before, and liked them, and still like them. Its hard to go wrong with any of the trucks from these three brands, but currently, I think the Rams are the best looking trucks, and definitely give you the most for your money.

Heres a few pics of my new Ram. Ive put 8200 miles on it since I got it about 4 months back. The screen has given me a few problems (every once it a while it will freeze, but the volume knob and channel change still works), but its covered under warranty, and Im going to have them change it out when I go to get my oil changed.

After tint. 5% on sides and back, 50% across whole windsheild.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Only The Best

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Only The Best
texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date