Quick, should I accept?!

dawgs007

Low-End Fanatic
Ohio
I have the opportunity to buy 2 12" American Bass TNT Dvc 4ohm with a Planet Audio 4000.1d amp for $150 total. I doubt my stock alt. can handle the amp, but he says he may have a spare battery I can use for it. Seems like a good deal, should I accept it?

Will do! So the "4000" watts shouldnt be too big of a struggle for stock alt? I wont be listening full tilt besides a minute or two.

Will do! So the "4000" watts shouldnt be too big of a struggle for stock alt? I wont be listening full tilt besides a minute or two.
Its not 4000 watts. you'll be lucky to get 1200 actual watts out of it with three 40 amp fuses along with planet audio being a bottom tier junk company. Most likely your fosgate amp will put out more power and be louder. I'd say spare the money and pour it into a proper enclosure for those rockford P3s because there will be minimal audible difference, (small enough for it to be not worth it IMHO) in if you are just switching the subs out. The TNTs can handle more power and has a nice paper cone and more motorforce but you need more power and a more efficient enclosure if you want louder.

Or you can just use your money to prep your car to get louder (beefing up the electricals)by doing a big 3 upgrade with 1/0 gauge wire and a couple of AGM batteries. That would be the smartest choice. Later you can go for subs like a pair of american bass XFL on a legitimate 3000 watts rms amp, which is what I consider an actual upgrade.

Hell, even some sound deadening(dynamat, second skin) will net you some DBs.

Or, buy it, SELL IT and make profit.

Those three options are waay better then switching out similar classed subs and switching out a good amp with a crap amp.

that planet audio will produce dirty power.
Just sell it and do not use it unless you want burnt coils.
I was just hoping to use the subs with my current Prime 1200@1ohm since my P3's are only @2ohm

I'd just do what Jeff said.Those Planet Audio amps are junk.Use the subs and pawn the amp off on a noob..lol.Good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.