Quick and Easy Volume Control of Subs

Oh.... You mean just the volume of the music.If you dont have a gain knob... And just an "RCA knob", you can't change the intensity of the bass on the fly.

Your headunit is an RCA knob. You dont need two.

Use a gain knob to adjust the amp/bass.
Wait what...

Oh.... You mean just the volume of the music.If you dont have a gain knob... And just an "RCA knob", you can't change the intensity of the bass on the fly.

Your headunit is an RCA knob. You dont need two.

Use a gain knob to adjust the amp/bass.
No, it still adjusts the volume of the bass. Just at a different spot in the system.

You said your HU doesn't have a "knob"... That's fine.

The - & + buttons is are your rca knob.

If you have a gain knob, you could have the option to play loud music... With or without bass.

If you DIDNT have a gain knob, when you played music at high volume... It would always have bass.

You said your HU doesn't have a "knob"... That's fine. The - & + buttons is are your rca knob.

If you have a gain knob, you could have the option to play loud music... With or without bass.

If you DIDNT have a gain knob, when you played music at high volume... It would always have bass.
You're not understanding how the PAC works. It's not a gain knob, it does essentially the same thing though. It will adjust the volume of the bass.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Wait what...
He's not understanding what I'm saying, ignore him

You're not understanding how the PAC works. It's not a gain knob, it does essentially the same thing though. It will adjust the volume of the bass. 

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

He's not understanding what I'm saying, ignore him

If your playing music at max volume, and the subs are pounding, can you turn down JUST the subs with the PAC? And still have the music blaring?

If your playing music at max volume, and the subs are pounding, can you turn down JUST the subs with the PAC? And still have the music blaring?
Yes, exactly, unless you have other amps daisy chained off the bass amp, which is frowned upon anyway.

You said your HU doesn't have a "knob"... That's fine. The - & + buttons is are your rca knob.

I think you're confused about something I said earlier... Beatin' or whatever made a unnecessary unhelpful comment saying that to turn down volume you simply turn the volume knob on the HU, and so I replied to him defeating the purpose of his joke because I said I don't have a volume knob, I have volume buttons. But none of that pertains to the real point and question of this thread. Jrdnhsnbrg answered it perfectly. Sorry for the confusing comment earlier.

What do you mean? It's half the price of that alpine knob and is universal with all amps that use RCAs.
Oh, I was under the impression he already had a gain knob, but he was gonna buy the Pac.

I personally would never purchase an amp that didn't come with a gain knob... So I guess it doesn't apply xD

I can get the alpine knob for 14, but yeah, it's not universal to all amps. Does the same thing though essentially right? Or no? Ahahaha. Say the alpine knob worked on all amps... would it do the exact same thing just through a different type of connection instead of rcas? Or does the alpine knob truly adjust something different then the PAC LC1?

I can get the alpine knob for 14, but yeah, it's not universal to all amps. Does the same thing though essentially right? Or no? Ahahaha. Say the alpine knob worked on all amps... would it do the exact same thing just through a different type of connection instead of rcas? Or does the alpine knob truly adjust something different then the PAC LC1?
The alpine knob is specific to alpine amps. It might work with other amps IF the adjustment circuitry is exactly the same, which odds are it isn't.

In the end they will do the same thing, turn your bass up and down. In the very deep technicality of it, how they make the adjustments is different.

Ive never bought an amp that didn't come with a gain knob, so I was unaware that so many amps didn't come with one.

If you buy amps that don't come with gain knobs... It would be smart to buy a universal RCA thing as as whatshisface described, its practically the same thing.

Ive never bought an amp that didn't come with a gain knob, so I was unaware that so many amps didn't come with one.If you buy amps that don't come with gain knobs... It would be smart to buy a universal RCA thing as as whatshisface described, its practically the same thing.
Especially if you buy used, a lot of the time they don't come with the original bass knob.

Well the alpine website says the knob is sold separate so I assume it doesn't, I'll just buy the PAC. A concern I had about the Alpine knob is that it would override the amp's gain settings and so setting the amp gain would do nothing and the knob would do all the controlling, thus leaving the potential of accidentally turn the bass knob up and clipping my signal...

As in the amps settings wouldn't matter... so turning the knob to full would be like turning the amps gain to max... which has me spooked. So I think I'll stay with the PAC

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.