Quick and Easy Volume Control of Subs

Hey guys, so I want to be able to easily adjust the volume on my subs when I get them installed. So I had an idea the to use a bass/gain knob. Now I do not want to use this to ever turn my subs up over what they are tuned and set to. I just want to use this to turn down the volume of them for instances like driving into a parking lot so that I'm a little more inconspicuous about having subs to prevent theft, or driving through neighborhoods, or when roll past a cop haha. So how would I go about doing this? Would a bass/gain knob be the right way to go anyways? And if so when I install it would I install the knob set to max so that the only way it can adjust is to go down? Hope this isn't a dumb question or confusing.

Thanks!

Eli

Hey guys, so I want to be able to easily adjust the volume on my subs when I get them installed. So I had an idea the to use a bass/gain knob. Now I do not want to use this to ever turn my subs up over what they are tuned and set to. I just want to use this to turn down the volume of them for instances like driving into a parking lot so that I'm a little more inconspicuous about having subs to prevent theft, or driving through neighborhoods, or when roll past a cop haha. So how would I go about doing this? Would a bass/gain knob be the right way to go anyways? And if so when I install it would I install the knob set to max so that the only way it can adjust is to go down? Hope this isn't a dumb question or confusing.
Thanks!

Eli
If your amp supports a bass knob the best way to set it would be to turn your gain all the way down, turn the bass knob all the way up, then set your gains however you determine best. There's another option, it's a controller that adjusts the RCA level instead of the amp. I'm just not sure what it's called.

If your amp supports a bass knob the best way to set it would be to turn your gain all the way down, turn the bass knob all the way up, then set your gains however you determine best. There's another option, it's a controller that adjusts the RCA level instead of the amp. I'm just not sure what it's called.
I have the alpine MRX-M110 amp shipping to me now, and it does support a bass knob. Alpine make the rux knob which I assumed would be best since it is same manufacture... So gain knob plugged in and set to max, then set amp gain?

I have the alpine MRX-M110 amp shipping to me now, and it does support a bass knob. Alpine make the rux knob which I assumed would be best since it is same manufacture... So gain knob plugged in and set to max, then set amp gain?
Yes sir

Thanks, very much! If there are any other suggestions I'd still love to hear them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

This is exactly what I did and it works great. Very little bass boost is involved so there's little to no distortion.

EDIT: Set the bass boost on the AMP to off and just turn the remote knob.

its called Pac LC1, i used to run bass knobs but after moving from one amp to another its just best to do a pac lc1 since it works on all amp and its connected to the RCA of the amp input so if you change amps u dont have to re run the wire for the bass knob best thing ever

The PAC LC1 is a much better option than a bass knob my friend. Go with that instead.
Why would the PAC LC1 be better than the Alpine Rux Knob? The Alpine rux knob is indeed a gain knob, just to clarify. So why would the PAC LC1 be better? Just curious //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I don't plan on switching amps anytime soon

Thanks!

Eli
I have a very effective technique that has always worked for me. Look at your head unit. There should be a knob of some sort. It rotates left and right. From what I have experienced, turning this device left will decrease the volume and turning it to the right will increase the volume. If this is still difficult for you to figure out, tell us the HU model or if it's a stock HU tell us the car model and year and we'll see if we can help you from there.

Why would the PAC LC1 be better than the Alpine Rux Knob? The Alpine rux knob is indeed a gain knob, just to clarify. So why would the PAC LC1 be better? Just curious //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gifI don't plan on switching amps anytime soon
The versatility of it, and peace of mind. You will catch much less flak using a PAC LC1 than you will a bass knob, too.

I have a very effective technique that has always worked for me. Look at your head unit. There should be a knob of some sort. It rotates left and right. From what I have experienced' date=' turning this device left will decrease the volume and turning it to the right will increase the volume. If this is still difficult for you to figure out, tell us the HU model or if it's a stock HU tell us the car model and year and we'll see if we can help you from there.[/quote']Well if you would like to be an ***, which it appears you seem willing and able, than I would like to tell you that my HU actually is knobless, so it appears you are the one having difficulties //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Volume up and down are buttons, but thats not my question

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.