GOLD quick disconnects

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jlox

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi guys, I'm stalled with my speaker installation because Morel's speakers come with gold plated (or at least they look gold) terminals and I only have regular metal/galvanized type of quick connects/disconnects, including Shoshe's, to plug them into. I ended up ordering Furutech gold plated ones to match Morel's since all others like the ones on Amazon are either brass or red copper through clever wording in their ads. Furutech us the only brand that I could find that makes these specific connectors using high quality materials. Through many forums I learned that the connection material---terminal and connector, must match or a 1 volt drop can occur plus noise. I don't know how true this is but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Can anyone clarify how true the issue of different connection materials is, esecially with high grade speakers and what the exact term is for these "quick connects"? Are they a type of spade and/or crimp terminal? Also suggestions for high quality brands of this connector would be appreciated. On another note, the nominal RMS for my speakers is 100 watts and says so on each speaker; the manufacturers are vague when it comes to "each" and "per" so I assume 100 watts RMS is between the set of 2 speakers and not PER speaker. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Attachments

• 20230408_221220.jpg
    20230408_221220.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230408_221051.jpg
    20230408_221051.jpg
    482.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230408_220920.jpg
    20230408_220920.jpg
    540.3 KB · Views: 15
  • furutech_f250.jpg
    furutech_f250.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 18
Yeah, I can't find gold connectors anywhere online anymore. Amazon Canada only carries brass or "red" copper. I was gonna get the Glark's set with like 1200 reviews but of course, I was turned off by the few complainy reviews.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...