Quick amplifier question

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys, first of all I'd like to say that I'm happy to join this forum... now that that's out of the way I have a question about my potential setup...

I have an alpine M2000 (2000w mono) and according to alpine its rated for 1500w at 4 ohms and 2000w at 2 ohms. So my question is, if I were to get 2 12W7's (3ohm DVC) and wire them in series (which would give me a final load of 3 ohms right?) would it be safe to say that the M2000 would put out 1750w at 3 ohms?... thanks in advance

-Brian

i would check out some other items if i was you. there are some much better subs out there for a cheaper price tag. check the classifieds on here for some good deals on some beefy subs. just my .02

now if your stuck on only running the w7's then yes the final load will be 3ohm.

well I'm pretty set on the W7's but question was more about the amp... if it's rated at 1500w for 4 ohms and 2000w for 2 ohms, will 3 ohms put it at 1750w?
So is everyone else who's heard of no brands that touch JL. It can't hurt to stick around for a bit and research some real subs. At the end of the day, you can still go waste your money as you please, but I feel it's unwise to not shop around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.