Looking for small amplifier

dstaley
10+ year member

Hey guys,

My stock radio died in my 2001 Silverado. I replaced it with an Alpine CDE-125BT, but its weak built-in amplifiers are pathetic.

Can you recommend a physically small but robust 2-channel or 4-channel amplifier that I can pack into the dash that will give me some better sound from my stock speakers? I don't really have any interest in putting one or more subs in my truck, but I would like at least as much punch as the original radio had, possibly just a little more.

I have other cars (or my home stereo) if I want high performance, I don't need a lot of punch from my truck, but this is just sad.

Have you look at the alpine KTP-445 (not sure if its compatible with your HU though)

Look at the arc audio mini or elf audio amps(basically same thing as arc only cheaper)

Yes, the little Alpine amp may do the trick- I was just strolling through the classified ads trying to find a second-hand one. I'll start checking for the others too. The KTP-445 is listed for my HU.

That is definitely on the big side- too thick to stuff inside the dash. The Elf Audio / Arc Audio ones look great, but I'll have to find a used one. The Alpine KTP-445 looks like it would work too.

Any other suggestions?

cerwin vega stealth 220.2 its a greate little amp

CIMG0658.jpg

just one little thing before you go putting amps in- what did you do about the stock amp? that is, i believe your truck came with one. you would have to hook the remote turn on for it up with the new wiring harness for your alpine, or bypass it. also, the fuse may be blown for it, which could be why your stock hu seemmed to "go out" usually that presents as audio mostly from the rf speaker, but not shiz from the other three. the stock speakers are actually real efficient, but low power, so they should put out decently off the alpine, and i would not push over 25wrms (45-50peak) to the stock speakers....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.