Questions on upgrading setup

Plero2747

I'm currently running two alpine type r 12s in a prefab box running on a kicker zx750.1 ? definitely looking to upgrade both, for speakers I've been looking at the new series type R's, the soundcubed HDS3212's, and then RE Audio SE-Xv2 12D2. For amps I've looked at hifonics zrx1800.1D and the zrx 1500.1D, then Precision power ICE2600.1 as well...I've been leaning towards either the soundcubes or the RE, but not sure which amp to get?? Gonna wait for cscstang to start building again in September and hopefully get a ****** box! Any input would be appreciated

Oh I'm gonna be upgrading it all over the course of a few months, definitely getting a better box once he starts building again, I said that in my post..any suggestions on a decent amp to push those that'd around 125-175?

can't go wrong with soundqubed, if your going to run less than 2k watts to the subs consider the hds212s, you cant beat them for the price, and they handle a little bit more than rated rms, i ran 2 of them on a crescendo s1500 at 1 ohm, clamped around 1700w and they only got a little warm

That's not bad at all...so would it be a better deal to get the ds2 and get a better amp, or the ds3s and a sub-par amp for now, and then just upgrade that later on? I also plan on running a new install kit as well, I seen soundqubed has one for 40, but its CCA, not quite sure how well they make their kits or anything

id get the hds200's and a good amp and get a custom box built or at least a good prefab like the ones that atrend makes for soundqubed subs, i have hds315s (same motors) and they are power hungry, so i would not recommend under-powering hds312s

If it was me I would get a second zx750 and run one to each sub at 1 ohm. I've heard the zx's are usually stable to 1ohm. But I'm really careful and make sure I have strong electrical. Then if you decide to upgrade subs you have a killer amp section to hook up to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.