Questions on amp settings...

Participant count
  • Participant list

tytler32u
10+ year member

Just did a big install this weekend. Ran 4 gauge to a distro block then to my JL 500/1 and RF T600.4 . Added a Pioneer 3200BT deck and a 24 " flip down monitor. Ran new kicker 14 gauge speaker wire from the fronts for my MA RK6 comps. Not using factory rears, because I dont know how to wire the factory amp into the head unit. I will be adding new speakers and another amp soon to the rear anyways.

I have a few issues...

First, I am getting static on 0 volume from the fronts, it doesnt seem as bad when I turn it up. I grounded the RCAs with wire on the back of the deck, but it is still there. I am going to re do the grounds tonight. How should I tune the T600.4 ? I have it switched to 2 channel and bridged the amp. It runs to a passive crossover. Should I use the HPF or APF, since it is going to the crossover? I am a complete newb when it comes to db and octave stuff as well. How should I have these set?

Oh and on the static thing. It is like that with the car not running, just on acc. It is still static when running, but not alt whine when accelerating or things like that. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.