Questions about subwoofer phase

Participant count
  • Participants list

Ven0m

CarAudio.com Recruit
When I flip my subwoofer phase at the headunit (pioneer nex), the subs get a great deal quieter, however my door speakers sound alot better.. is there a way to have both the clarity and the loudness at the same time? I have a pioneer 1500w for subs and a 3700w boss amp for rear speakers. 

sub phase only affects the interaction between the sub(s) and speakers.  when the speakers and subs are in-phase they work together.  when they are out-of-phase they cancel each other. 

if you have rear deck speakers and trunk subs, the subs are distorting the rear speakers by moving the cones.  you want to build enclosures around the rear deck speakers to protect them from the sub pressure.  that would likely resolve the clarity issue and allow you to choose the setting with louder bass.

also, what is the HPF on the rear speakers set at?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.