Questions about Rainbow SLC265's

Participant count
  • Participant list

Scroder2
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have never personally heard these but see lots of recommendations on them. I am in AK and we dont get many off-brand products up here at the car audio stores (which we have a ton off). I want a nice set of comp's for the front in my 2004 Civic coupe. I will be using a JL 300/4 to power them. Will 75wX2 be enough for these speakers? My deck is a prs880 pioneer and I plan on adding some rear speakers for backfill and a 12inch sub in the future. Anyone else have any other ideas? I listen to classic rock and modern stuff and maybe a rap song or two now and then. Also where can I get these speakers from the cheapest and can I just throw them in the doors or do they need baffles or something? Thanks,

Dave

6spdcoupe has them. that people will be enough, if it isnt you can bridge the amp and see how you like that. you can throw them in the doors, but if you want to get the most out of your speakers, you should deaden your doors and try to follow the deadening thread in this section.

theyre around 75w rms, so the amp will be fine. i actually have almost hte same setup belive it or not, a JL 300w 4 chn amp, but im bridging it for 150 for the SLCs, cus i dont give a crap about rear fill. They sound great for alll types of music, best comps for this price, easy.

There are only 2 authorized dealers in the US last i knew for rainbow, and Don (6spdcoupe) is one of them.. great guy, contact him and he'll be able to hook you up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.