Questions about an old DD 3512

Participant count
  • Participant list

Atimm693
10+ year member

Shadetree Mechanic
While browsing Craigslist in class this morning I stumbled on a "DD 4000 watt competition sub" for 50 bucks. Met up with the guy checked the coils and brought it home. It's an old model DD 3512 with Dual 2 ohm coils. Not in great shape but for the price I'm not complaining.

I don't really know what to do with it. Anyone know an approximate value on one of these?

I sold my Obsidian because the box was so massive... I still have the amp and got a good deal on two Powerbass M-10s as a replacement. I could sell them for a profit and use the DD.

Does anyone know what I could expect out of a 3512 in ~2.5 cubes ported on 1000 watts? Does that sound like a good box. I did a little searching but surprisingly there isn't much info on the old models?

IMG_20130926_190734_zpsa73d5bf6.jpg

IMG_20130926_190713_zpscdb7939c.jpg

Like I said cosmetically it isn't that great.

The cone is the same.. The one on the USACI forum is missing the rubber trim ring around the outside. Other than that there are the same except his basket is bare aluminum and mine is painted.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.