Question about using an equalizer with crossovers

This is the one if I want t to keep the back up camera and the steering wheel controlshttps://www.carid.com/2015-honda-accord-stereo-installation/metra-single-double-din-stereo-dash-kit-523554080.html

No way that I'm going to spend that much.

And to install the HU and loose all of the above.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Radio-Stereo-Single-Double-Din-Dash-Kit-Harness-for-2013-2017-Honda-Accord/332196350975?fits=Year%3A2015%7CMake%3AHonda%7CModel%3AAccord&hash=item4d58720bff:g:Mv0AAOSwjodZ8Luc&vxp=mtr

[MENTION=1047137]

BOOMINGRANDPA[/MENTION]

Is This the one, it comes with steering wheel module

https://www.amazon.com/KDC-X301-Receiver-Bluetooth-Universal-Interface/dp/B072JLHKRR/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1511750491&sr=8-7&keywords=kenwood+x301

[MENTION=21598]

Boomin_tahoe[/MENTION],

So, if I already run new speaker wires on the front doors, would my idea still work?

Not cutting wires from the back of the stock radio, but getting all new wires to feed the new HU.
yeah thats my hu idk about steering wheel controls it's universal then yeah should work, i just thought they were car specific. i didn't keep mine..

Run new wires to feed the HU, I have new speaker wires for all 4 speakers.

Not touching stock radio, not even use speaker wire.

That way I would not loose back up camera.

If not, then loose backup camera and use wire harness

Run new wires to feed the HU, I have new speaker wires for all 4 speakers. Not touching stock radio, not even use speaker wire.

oh ic.. as long as u connect memory (yellow wire) have a good ground and switch power (idk about connected to battery i'd find a switch fuse)

my x301 hu is really nice and for the $ pretty amazing.. has tons of audio settings will give u 13 band eq, more power even time alignment.. i'd guess the 501 has same audio settings
the 501 is a higher line up from yours. Does everything yours does but better.

Run new wires to feed the HU, I have new speaker wires for all 4 speakers. Not touching stock radio, not even use speaker wire.

that would work, you'll probably need to tap into the fuse box for a remote accessory turn on wire for the head unit. If you have extra space to mount the new head unit then this idea will work. you wont lose anything other than steering wheel control

Need help with JL xr650CXi speaker.

One tweeter is dead, I switched the tweeters and one seems to be dead.

Been in the attic for several years, didnt knkw it was fried, no sound.

Is it possible to replace it for other tweeter, don't care if is silk or aluminum.

Does it need to stay on it's stock location?

I guess it needs to work with the JL crossover.

If you guys can help to point me out on a tweeter that works with this speaker.

I would give this set to my son to replace his crappy ford speakers.

They look new!

But no tweeter

https://www.amazon.com/jl-audio-xr650-cxi-coaxial-speakers/dp/b002vsby4k

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they are OLD.I used them for a year and a half and went to the attic, been there for a few years5 or 6.

One tweeter is gone, no sound at all.

They are 1 inch aluminum tweeters, just wondering what tweeter would work with this crossover and it’s location.
unless we know the slope and crossover point then its pretty useless to try to crapshoot a tweeter..

The better option would be to get rid of the passive crossover completely and run active with the mid and tweeter straight to the amp and the head unit does all the crossover functions. You'll have to change your head unit selection because kenwood head units are not active capable. Active setups will sound miles better than passive setups due to the ability to choose the proper crossover point that matches your vehicle acoustics, not some random @ss manufacturer crossover point that literally takes no account for vehicle acoustics. When you go active, you can virtually almost make any tweeter work with any mid.

Going active, that’s something new for me.

Would I require 2 amps if I go for 4 speakers?

I been reading and it seems that the best set up is to get rid of the rear speakers and just use comp speakers in the front and a sub in the rear, is that correct?

I ordered the excelon x501, would this work if I prefer to go active?

Not ready/want to get a DSP if that’$ what I would need

Would appreciate your input

Mid time I’m googling going active....

Going active, that’s something new for me.Would I require 2 amps if I go for 4 speakers?

I been reading and it seems that the best set up is to get rid of the rear speakers and just use comp speakers in the front and a sub in the rear, is that correct?

think of it like each speaker requires a channel, that's because each speaker gets its own signal from the DSP and thus requires its own channel (dont want your tweeter having the same HPF at 100hz as the mid, it needs to be like 2khz). The dsp controls the crossover frequency, as well as the time alignment of the driver (worry about dealing with TA later). DSP's produce better sound because among other reasons they are very accurate to the extent that you can set an exact crossover point, exact time alignment, and you can modify the EQ to "fix" inconsistencies and negative aspects in a speaker..beaming, resonances, peaks, lows in response, etc

Going active, that’s something new for me.Would I require 2 amps if I go for 4 speakers?

the x501 will not work active at all, no kenwood head units will.

You need a 4 channel amp, two for tweeters and two channels for mids. No rears, or they can just be on head unit power, they fk up the sound stage anyways.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.