Question about using an equalizer with crossovers

Been reading a lot about going active

Have a question, how do I change the settings, crossover points?

In the HU or the amp?

Noob question but the info is out there, but seems that people gets offended asking this kind of questions on old threads, this is why, if you guys can help and have the time.....

It says that I need the crossover points of the said speaker / crossover as a reference and go from there, but where would I make those changes? HU or amp? Confused

If this is the case, I would give my son the rear JL comps that I have and he would save some $$$

Been reading a lot about going activeHave a question, how do I change the settings, crossover points?

In the HU or the amp?

Noob question but the info is out there, but seems that people gets offended asking this kind of questions on old threads, this is why, if you guys can help and have the time.....

It says that I need the crossover points of the said speaker / crossover as a reference and go from there, but where would I make those changes? HU or amp? Confused

If this is the case, I would give my son the rear JL comps that I have and he would save some $$$
Head unit, here's a prime example of playing around with network mode on active network capable head units.

You dont to know the crossover points of said speaker thats not the point of going active. In a car's acoustical environment there's engine noise, phase cancellation issues, beaming, and surface reflections that cause either dips or peaks in the sound spectrum inside a car environment. With an active setup, you get to choose whatever crossover point and slope works best for your particular car environment and speaker choice.

With a passive crossover you are just fked if the crossover point doesnt play well with your car's acoustics. With active you will get optimal performance regardless of car environment due to just having the ability to tune and blend.

Seems that that HU has all the features needed, and more I guess, for going active, found one on Amazon not bad for all what it's capable to do.

The one that is lacking this time is me, maybe in the future I will go active.

If I decide to go active with the excelon what would I need?

An DSP?

Don't want the best, but something that is going to let me improve the sound going active.

I think that with a DSP I would not have all the features that pioneer has with this HU, am I correct?

Trying to weight the choices and picture that in the future, near future.

Got the HU today

Excelon 501

Haven't play with it yet, but reading thru the manual, on audio settings, page 25, on X'over settings, tweeter, front, rear hpf and sub lpf values, but I have crossovers on the JL speakers, what do I do here?

And I guess I have some X'over settings on the Alpine amp as well, should I have same settings?

Confused

I just finished the excelon install, WOW!

BIG smile in my face.

I need to finish sealing the front doors, tomorrow, and going to power up rear speakers, not sure if I'm going to leave them running, I may try them just for to test them, after that going to follow you guys advice to just use the sub and front speakers.

One question, does the MLV makes a difference in the doors?

Right now I have the deadener and the CF covering the door holes and it bangs, not sure if MLV will improve the sound.

Tomorrow will seal the interior of the door with CF, needs to unglue the old CF and re-glue back, oh well....

I'm following keep_hope_alive thread to seal the doors

Many settings in this HU, my son is the one helping me.

Haven't play with the equalizer and time alignment, was so excited hearing old music and got dark.

Thanks all for your help.

Big thank you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.