Question about amp wattage and subwoofer wattage

I was wondering if I purchased two subs that are 1200 watts a piece, would my amp which is 1500 watts be affected by the subs.Or should I just purchase two subs of similar quality that can handle 600 watts a piece.
It will be perfectly fine. The better sub will always be better no matter the power

Kicker actually makes decent amps, the prob we have with kicker is the stuff that may be worth running is over priced. The amps are usually a lil underated, if you can run your subs for a final 2ohm load for that 1500 watts, and the signal is clean, you should be fine dude.

Kicker actually makes decent amps, the prob we have with kicker is the stuff that may be worth running is over priced. The amps are usually a lil underated, if you can run your subs for a final 2ohm load for that 1500 watts, and the signal is clean, you should be fine dude.
Ok because I'm really having a tough time choosing between SoundQ, Threatcon, and Obsidian

Kicker amps are ok, subs, not so much. I would look elsewhere for the subs, and either ones you mentioned would be way better than kicker, especially when it comes to enclosure size.

the determining factor here is ohms load to the amp. whatever amp you have is stable ( or ok to use ) at ______ ohms load

if you manage to wire your subs ohm load to less than what the amp is capable of being used at - then you can damage the amp - and or start a fire in your car

ohms are like resistance in the electrical path.. the less ohms = the eazier for electricity to flow thru it.

what is your amps minimum ohm rating ? and what coils are the subs you wish to buy ?

Ok I gotcha.. How big of a box would would you recommend?
Box size depends on exactly what subs you plan on running. Running an amp with subs that can handle way more presents no issue whatsoever. As long as it's wired correctly and the amp sees the correct ohm load. (Too low = bad)

the determining factor here is ohms load to the amp. whatever amp you have is stable ( or ok to use ) at ______ ohms loadif you manage to wire your subs ohm load to less than what the amp is capable of being used at - then you can damage the amp - and or start a fire in your car

ohms are like resistance in the electrical path.. the less ohms = the eazier for electricity to flow thru it.

what is your amps minimum ohm rating ? and what coils are the subs you wish to buy ?
The amp's minimum ohm rating is 2 and Im going to get subs with dual 2 ohm coils

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

What size bro
2 15s

Box size depends on exactly what subs you plan on running. Running an amp with subs that can handle way more presents no issue whatsoever. As long as it's wired correctly and the amp sees the correct ohm load. (Too low = bad)
Gotcha.. I was just trying to ensure that if I put those 2 1200 watt subs on the 1500 watt amp, I wouldn't be under powering the subs. Like the speakers wouldn't need more power for better performance?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.