CarAudio.com Newbie

I have a Pioneer - GM-Series 2000 W Max Power 5-Ch. Class-D Amplifier.​

75 W x 4-Channel​

200 W x 2-Channel​

350 W x 1-Channel​

4 Ohm Bridged / 100 W x 4-Channel​

350 W x 1-Channel - 4 Ohm​

600 W x 1-Channel - 2 Ohm​

As you can see, this amp operates at 4 or 2 ohm loads. I have 2 Punch P2D4-8 but I can't wire them for a 2 Ohm load, Fosgate confirmed this with me. I also have 1 10" Skar VD-10 D4 dual 4-ohm sub. A total of 3 Subs. Now I know it isn't wise running mixmatches subs but I want to! My question is because this amp operates at 2 or 4 ohm, can it operate seeing a 2.67 ohm load without any issues? I can't seem to get an answer consistently yes or no! The folks at Fosgate said No it's either 2 or 4. Crutchfield said no problem, as long as I don't drop below 2 ohms or go over 4 It would be fine. If I can't run the 3 off this one amp I have a second mono amp I can add. If my Punch 8" subs could be wired for 2 ohm load this would be great but I don't think it's possible with this series of subs. There is a lot I don't understand about this stuff but I love learning so please feel free to chime in. On, my vehicle is a 2010 Toyota Tundra with a 13.1 Dasaiti Android unit, it's really cool! I recently built two cabinets, see my video.

Attachments

• wireing subs.jpg
    wireing subs.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 14
  • skar sub.jpg
    skar sub.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 3 subs.jpg
    3 subs.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 16
If it can run at 2 ohm and 4 ohm, there's no reason it can't run at 2.67 ohm. The amp is not required to run at an exact digit, that's just where the standard ratings are at in order to make comparing amps possible.

When you do math for voltage, 2.66 is right in the middle of 2 and 4. 350 to 600 is going to be 475. 475/3 = 158.3w each. You're a little light, but you can do it.

I'd suggest using the second mono amp for either the skar or the rf 8's and run the other off the 5 channel...that way you can set the gains correctly and get the most out of you subs...

That said the as long as you don't go below the minimum impedance you shouldn't have trouble an amp

If it can run at 2 ohm and 4 ohm, there's no reason it can't run at 2.67 ohm. The amp is not required to run at an exact digit, that's just where the standard ratings are at in order to make comparing amps possible.

When you do math for voltage, 2.66 is right in the middle of 2 and 4. 350 to 600 is going to be 475. 475/3 = 158.3w each. You're a little light, but you can do it.
Mad thanks! That's the short answer I was looking for. Yes, light on power but I think the quality of sound will be fine. I'm not trying to beat down the street over here! Finding room for the 3rd amp would be a challenge I don't want to take on!

Mad thanks! That's the short answer I was looking for. Yes, light on power but I think the quality of sound will be fine. I'm not trying to beat down the street over here! Finding room for the 3rd amp would be a challenge I don't want to take on!
Hell... Run It.. You will be ok @ that Ohm load(2.67). Just dont go below 2ohms and you will be fine. 2ohms is the lowest stability of that amplifier by specs. Any lower and you run the risk of cooking that Mono Ch on that amp and maybe even a sub or two. Anything higher should be just fine as long as you wire the subs correctly for the load

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

OnixxFred

CarAudio.com Newbie
OnixxFred
Huntsville Al
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views