ANOTHER subwoofer paired with an amp question....

Participant count
  • Participant list

Big_E

CarAudio.com Newbie
Looking to drop a single 12 in my 15' RAM, (2Ω DVC wired to 1Ω) in a sealed box (fox acoustics) with 1ft³ of space. Amp wise I'm going with a D4S jp8 to drive it and wiring to 1Ω its looking like I have about 700w RMS to push to a sub.
Sundown Audio E series (500wRMS) OR SA Classic(780wRMS)?
Listening habits are all over the place but usually end up on metal/90's hip-hop.

Open to other subs (roughly same price) as well that would pair up nicely with that amp.

Listening habits are all over the place but usually end up on metal/90's hip-hop.
I got a chance to try out an SA10 classic. It has good boom but it was towards the lower spectrum. It did not have the clear kick of the bass drum which leads me to assume it is more of an SPL sub. It is currently installed on my nephew's '21 crew Ram along with another and an SIA1750. They boom quite nice paired with 4 Deaf Bonce Arnolds on a DS18 full bridge 4 channel. He loves that system.
I have never heard the E series so no opinion on that. I was going to suggest the JL 12w3v3 but it requires 1.125 cu. ft. sealed.

I got a chance to try out an SA10 classic. It has good boom but it was towards the lower spectrum. It did not have the clear kick of the bass drum which leads me to assume it is more of an SPL sub. It is currently installed on my nephew's '21 crew Ram along with another and an SIA1750. They boom quite nice paired with 4 Deaf Bonce Arnolds on a DS18 full bridge 4 channel. He loves that system.
I have never heard the E series so no opinion on that. I was going to suggest the JL 12w3v3 but it requires 1.125 cu. ft. sealed.
Well damn.... That may change my mind to something a little more SQ oriented.
Appreciate the response

This will sound good living in a 1ct box...looks like it's close to a classic price wise...

Last edited:

This will sound good living in a 1ct box...looks like it's close to a classic price wise...
I'll give them a look, thanks!
I'd rather SQ over SPL, but my budget disagrees LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...