Putting another system together.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm buying new stuff again. This time I have to go way smaller with my box, to the point that I might have to go sealed. I haven't done sealed in years, but I really like the sound. Right now I'm think of a Wolfram 3K or 4k amp, and new subs. I have 2 12" XFL's in a beautiful custom built ported box. It doesn't fit in my new 2015 Toyota Rav4. I was think of building a sealed box for the XFL's but I'm not sure if that would work well. Some subs I'm thinking are Gcon, JL W6, Sundown sd, fi ssd, and Dayton ultimax. I'm not sure if I wanna do 10's, or 12's, but I want 2 subs. Price around $600.

Sealed 12’s vs ported 12’s is going to be less space at the cost of output. Two bigger motors tens in ported will have high output at 1.5-2 cubes each vs 2.5-3 cubes that a 12 needs. A rav4 has great hatch throw and is a small vehicle.

Sealed 12’s vs ported 12’s is going to be less space at the cost of output. Two bigger motors tens in ported will have high output at 1.5-2 cubes each vs 2.5-3 cubes that a 12 needs. A rav4 has great hatch throw and is a small vehicle.

Thank you. So if I do, infact, go with sealed I want a stronger motor to combat some of the output loss.

If by stronger you mean bigger then yes. But keep in mind that the bigger sub will require more baseline power (rms) to get em moving. Two big a$$ 3” vc 10’s in a rav can bang. You can right size your enclosure a bit (closer to 2 cubes per sub) to get higher output.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.