Pure audio ? 3000 watts for 280?

My girl won't let me run both of the sundowns in her murano either. Only one is hooked up due to ohm impedance on an old cheater amp and with a new amp she won't let me change it! I was gonna put a DC xl 18 on a pure audio 3k in there for Christmas.....but nevermind...
Don't dismiss the pure 3k yet

Don't dismiss the pure 3k yet
No I wasn't dismissing the pure 3k in any stretch of the imagination, I was simply stating how my young fiancé didn't wanna switch up what she already got attached to! That 3k looks for real, and the 1500 looks just as legit! I know it isn't a 800 dollar amp, but if it does close to rated I can't complain.

Ok so I unboxed this thing it was poorly packaged from dealer and manufacturer the mounting feet are all bent and the remote is dented in and it has no clip indicator or even a power led

At day job ain't had time to hook her up yet I would wait and what subs you running
i was really thinking about getting one of these, but i kinda starting to re think. no its not the amp it self. i got to thinking more and more about them and they are 3k @ 1ohm and after rise and voltage drop i will not be seeing that power anyway. im not ruling it out yet but after rise i would get more power from my original plan of 2 apsm2ks strapped to 1ohm(.5 ohm each) after rise and voltage. i know its going to be "dirty power" but it will not be wired that way all the time daily i would wire it up to 4ohm. but these are not ruled out yet. im ready to hear some hands on info from you.

Ok, since it's my car in Taylorfades clamp test I'll chime in. These amps are in a Saturn Ion so there's not a whole lot of alternator in the car. It will only make 145 amps under perfect conditions. lol

I've had these amps in my car since June. They have survived low voltage. They have survived burnt coils. They are still running strong and I haven't had any problems with them.

I also have the 1200.4 Pure in my car. It's class A/B so it gets a little warm, but other than that they sound great and seem to deliver more than they cost.

My car with two 12s in the trunk turned in a 144.7 legal at it's first show. Considering we just put some 12s in a dd box that was just hanging out and is way too small for the subs I'm using, I don't think I can complain for the price.

I'm in the process of getting a more efficient enclosure built and making changes to account for rise.

In case Taylorfades article was too long for you. I am very nearly deaf and use Bone Anchored Hearing Aids. I turn them off in the car so these things have been well used beyond what a normal person would use them for. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.