pros and cons on bed cut out for a blow thru box

millerdui

I have a 2012 F250 with little room for subs. I have 2 shallow JL TW5v2 on a 600/1 slash amp. They are just not enough for me.

I am thinking of cutting the bed for 4 JL 12"W3v3's (ported) and run 2 750/1 amps.

What are the pros and cons of cutting the bed and cab....other than truck value decrease(don't plan on selling in next 10 years, lol)

Also do you guys think this will be a good set up? any ideas are welcome but I do want to stay 100% JL.

Thanks ahead of time.

I don't think its a good idea bro. And hacking it up for 4 w3's? I mean come on. That's nothing against JL.

Buy something 10-15 years old and go crazy with the setup. That sounds like a much better idea.

Have to make sure there isn't any supports where your cutting, also it can be a pain in the *** to keep the bed and cab sealed to your blow-through.. As already mentioned though if you are going to do it get some better equipment to make it worth yohr time remember when your a basshead it's never enough so just go ahead and go balls to the wall lol

A f250 that new just don't seem like a vehicle to do it to, but if you got the cash not to worry about the value drop i guess it changes. But I think how small the build your thinking about just doesn't seem worth a blow thru.

If you don't wanna go huge that's understandable but 2 750s and some w3s is little output relative to how your gonna get it imo

Ditch the truck and get an SUV? If you are willing to give up your bed space just for subs then why even drive a truck? Or are you one of those that drives a big truck just to drive a big truck?

you will be loud if you do it tho
t^^^^THIS, my friend had a chevy and did a cut through with it and he was low & loud. it destroyed anything between 24-31hz with authority. he had 1 hdc3 15 and a saz2k, he was doing 147+ on 45 sec music average at 27hz. i know 147db is not that loud but impressive at 27hz on 1 15.

Hacking up a brand new truck for mediocre increase in output, not worth it. If you're so desperate for more output that you're willing to chop up your brand new truck, then JL is not the subs you should be looking at. Nothing against JL, they're decent at what they're designed to do, but using them for a blow-through isn't exactly that. There's just much better options for it. Also, I'd get different amps and more power. Also, I'd either get a different (older) truck to do it with, or an SUV.

Ditch the truck and get an SUV? If you are willing to give up your bed space just for subs then why even drive a truck? Or are you one of those that drives a big truck just to drive a big truck?
This is what I'm thinking.

Blow throughs are fun. I would choose more substantial subs. You may want to look into a bandpass style enclosure vs. ported. I can design you one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Blow throughs are fun. I would choose more substantial subs. You may want to look into a bandpass style enclosure vs. ported. I can design you one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I thought about this myself... Has anyone personally heard a bp box ported into a cab? How does it compare to a regular blow-through design. It'd be much easier to repair a smaller cut.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.