Truck bed to cab port hole

Participant count
  • Participant list

1990_obs_dalton

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ohio
Hi, I got a 1990 k1500 single cab with a stepside bed. I've read a lot on the blow through set ups in trucks like mine. I just can't find anything with the same I'm going to try. Let me know what you guys think of it.

So, I bought back the great box and subs out of my tahoe I sold. Got them for 300 dollers which was a steal. They are 2 15s in a 17in high by 24in deep by 39in long box which I'm re fabricing right now. It has a 7.5in by 6in port hole in the 39in side. I plan on somehow just making the port come all the way through the bed into the cab in a flexible way because the truck is lifted and flexes a lot and will a lot more in a bit.

Tell me what you guys would use to bring the port that far and let it move around enough to where I won't Crack or bend anything if the frame flexes.

Thanks for the advise!!!

I was thinking of making using a thick flexible rubber but I don't think that will carry the noise good enough. So my other idea is to make the hole in the bed and cab bigger then the solid port by like 2in and just make the port longer with wood and then use rubber to make a waterproof path around it. That I think will give it room to follow the level of the bed and not hit the cab where ever it is when the rear end is on different level ground. Let me know

I would think the port volume could change as it flexes plus the air speed on the could speedup and slow down while the port moves

I have dealt with several blow through sub setups over the years. Forget just trying to extend the port into the cab. All that you will hear in the cab is port noise. If you’re going to do a blow through, you need a hole that is as large as the subs that you are using. Google search ‘camper shell boot’ to find an accordion seal to seal the cab to the bed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...