troubleshooting amp/sub problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

royal31

I turned on my car today and my subs didn't work they worked just fine yesterday so I did my rounds to checking out the problem. to the amp, the rcas are good the remote is good power is good ground is good and speaker outs are good. There is power going through the speaker lines to the subs but they aren't playing anything. The subs aren't blown and I've checked it with an older sub I have lying around and it didn't work with that one either. What could the problem be? If the amp was toast wouldn't there not be power going through the speaker wires to the subs? Please help me out.

sub amp in protection mode? also try remove the subs from the car and test them, also have a smell of the voice coils of the subs.... check your rca's again........ has your battery gone flat latle?

I don't think the amp has a protection mode. No on the battery. And I really dint see how the subs could be the issue at this point since I tested it on the two kickers along with my old xplod.

so you have takin the subs out the box and checked your wiring? one of the terminals on the subs might have come off or something.... stop taking short-cuts and check everything

Nobody mentioned checking fuses. Check and replace all fuses to the sub system. Also check that the remote turn-on is putting 12v to the amp

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif I'm sure ull find the problem, but for goodness sakes replace that ground wire. That seriously makes me shiver.

Yeah I know I should. But the problem is the low amount of space I have. This amp sits underneath the back of a folded up rear seat in a dodge dakota quad cab. Barely squeezes in as it is! I hope the amp hasn't gone stale on me.. I don't exactly have the money to buy a new one especially after buying my new subs.

Do you see how your 12V+ and ground wires are drastically different sizes? The ground wire should be a lot shorter, of course, but generally you want your ground wire to be the same AWG size as the power wire.

You said you have power going through the speaker wires to the subs. How did you verify this? Your volt meter needs to be set to AC volts. If you have AC volts changing as music is playing then you should have sound. Any sound. Recheck your output.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.