bed box idea for 05 silverado crew cab

Participant count
  • Participant list

LFR

CarAudio.com Regular
Lacey WA
I played with may under the seat and behind the seat ideas on the crewcab. Nothing is really fitting my needs.... and with the bed cover I added to the truck I cant get to the tool box with out removing the cover. So I am sliding back the tool box and playing with bed box idea. I have done blow threw in a regular cab and it hurt but didnt meter well. So I was looking into the idea of a 4th order or 6th order for the crewcab. Not a huge cut in the bed/cab and easy to cover if I sell it at some point. ATM I have 2 DS18 H-KO2 HOOLIGAN for subs and I will most likely run sundown sub/subs. Not a bunch of data online for this truck and good #'s at the mic.

Two 15's or four 12's in a fourth order blow through should work for you. 18's are a little tall for a blow through IMO. What's your budget? Four Sundown U12's on an 8 or 10K would really light that truck up.

I don't have a budget. I did 4 cheap ass 15s in a standard cab with about 250 watts per sub and it was louder then expected, it hurt but didn't do well in a termlab. But it was pretty much a slotted port design

I don't have a budget. I did 4 cheap ass 15s in a standard cab with about 250 watts per sub and it was louder then expected, it hurt but didn't do well in a termlab. But it was pretty much a slotted port design

I have a 4 - 8" build in a standard cab that does 148.9 @ 31 hz. You have to go with a blow through in a crew cab to get loud unless you delete your backseat which is ridiculous. I would suggest keeping the cut out metal pieces so they could be welded back in if you decide to sell the truck.

Testing big boy out soon for bed box

Attachments

• IMG_20220809_123513.jpg
    IMG_20220809_123513.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 26
Parts on the way for 2 2k 12s with 400oz motors. will run a DS18 EXL-P2000X4 on mids and a DS18 H-KO2 HOOLIGAN per sub. Now I need to make up my mind on box design or the blow through.

So im getting the design together for the 2 12's for the truck. Its back from the transmission shop and the burnouts are nice.... so we can get blow through started. I am dreaming about testing out a ported box that I could addon port for daily and remove for spl burps. and a 4th order at night. A 4th order would make the cutting much better for patching if I wanted to later. If I do a ported box it would be opened up a lot more and It would look nice to see the subs from the inside of the cab. I am thinking about running a smart bass 5k on the 12's not 2 DS18 h-k02's now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...